ⓘ Shiplake Court

                                     

ⓘ Shiplake Court

Shiplake Court was a historic manor house near Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire, England. In the sixteenth century, it was the residence of Edmund Plowden. In 1897, it had its own electricity generating plant, managed by Stuart Turner. The independent school, Shiplake College, is now on the manor houses grounds.

                                     
  • Shiplake consists of 3 settlements: Shiplake Shiplake Cross and Lower Shiplake Together these villages form a civil parish situated beside the River
  • Shiplake College is an independent boarding and day school in Shiplake by the River Thames just outside Henley - on - Thames, England. The school, with 480
  • gained employment in 1897 looking after the steam generating plant at Shiplake Court near Henley - on - Thames, England. In those days mains electricity was
  • Cracknell attended Ridgeway Junior School to Claires Court Crosfields School and Shiplake College. The latter now hosts a 7s tournament in which schools
  • James Jennings 1670 1739 of Shiplake was an English landowner and Tory politician who sat in the House of Commons between 1710 and 1722. Jennings was
  • Sir Edmund Plowden was born in 1590 to Francis Plowden 1562 1652 of Shiplake Court in Oxfordshire and Wokefield Park in Berkshire and his wife, Mary Fermor
  • the grounds of buildings Bolney Court and Thames Side Court which have formal geometric landscaped gardens on the Shiplake bank, and it has always been part
  • of Shiplake in the County of Oxford, is a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. It was created in 1918 for the former Judge of the High Court of
  • Plowden was born in Oxfordshire, the third son of Francis Plowden of Shiplake Court Oxfordshire and Wokefield Park Berkshire and the younger brother
  • On the opposite bank of the River Thames are the villages of Shiplake and Lower Shiplake When taken as its civil parish, such as in all of its history
  • newly established Shiplake College. Under his headmastership, numbers went from 100 to 300. He retired in 1979 and died on a tennis court at Hinton St George