ⓘ 1886 United States Senate election in Vermont
The United States Senate elections of 1886 and 1887 were elections that had the Republican Party lose two seats in the United States Senate. At the beginning of the 50th Congress, therefore, Republicans had the slimmest possible majority due to a vacant Democratic seat: 38 out of 75 seats. Once that vacancy was filled, Republicans maintained control as the single Readjuster Senator caucused with them.
As this election was prior to ratification of the seventeenth amendment, senators were chosen by the legislative assemblies of the States.
- States House of Representatives elections 1886 and 1887 United States Senate elections Not counting special elections Congressional seat gain figures only
- 1887 The results of the vote of both houses are as follows: United States Senate elections 1886 and 1887 U.S. Senate Election - 18 January 1887 PDF
- The 1887 United States Senate election in New York was held from January 18 to 20, 1887 by the New York State Legislature to elect a U.S. Senator Class
- Republican 1886 United States elections 1886 and 1887 United States Senate elections 49th United States Congress 50th United States Congress Three states held
- Representatives elections in South Carolina, 1886 1886 South Carolina gubernatorial election 1886 United States House of Representatives elections 1886 and 1887 United
- The United States Senate elections of 1884 and 1885 were elections that coincided with the presidential election of 1884. Both Republicans and Democrats
- The United States Senate elections of 1892 and 1893 were elections which, corresponding with former Democratic President Grover Cleveland s return to power
- The United States Senate elections of 1904 and 1905 were elections that coincided with President Theodore Roosevelt s landslide election to a full term
- The United States Senate elections of 1888 and 1889 were elections that coincided with Benjamin Harrison s victory over incumbent President Grover Cleveland
- and the Senate convened on January 17, 1911 and the results of the vote of both houses combined are as follows: United States elections 1910 United
- The United States Senate elections of 1898 and 1899 were landslide elections which had the Republican Party gain six seats in the United States Senate As