★ BMW 507
BMW 507-Roadster, which was produced by BMW from 1956 to 1959. Originally intended for export to the United States in the amount of thousands of dollars a year, it was too expensive, resulting in a total production figure of 252 cars and heavy losses for BMW.
1. Development. (Развитие)
The BMW 507 was conceived by U.S. automobile importer max Hoffman who in 1954 persuaded the BMW management to produce a Roadster version of the BMW 501 and BMW 502 saloons to fill the gap between the expensive Mercedes-Benz 300SL and the cheap and low-power Triumph and MG sports cars. BMW engineer Fritz Fiedler was assigned to design the rolling chassis, using available components where possible. Early design body Ernst Loof were rejected by Hoffman, who found them to be unattractive. In November 1954, at the insistence of the Hoffman, BMW contracted designer Albrecht von Hertz to design the BMW 503 and 507.
Thirty-four were built in 1956 and early 1957 series I 507s. These cars had welded aluminium fuel tanks of 110 liters 29.1 Gal behind the rear seats. These large tanks limited trunk space and passenger space, and gave off a smell of fuel in the car when the hood was erected or the hardtop was in place. Series II and later 507s had fuel tanks of 66 litres capacity 17.4 US Gal under the boot, shaped around a space for the spare wheel to fit.
2. Specifications. (Спецификации)
The 507 frame was a shortened 503 frame, the wheelbase has been reduced from 111.6 in mm 2.835 2.480 mm in 98. The total length was 4.385 172.6 mm overall height 49.5 mm 1.257. Curb weight was about 2.930 1.330 kg LB. The body was almost entirely hand-formed aluminum and no two models were exactly the same. 11 cars were sold with additional hand-manufacture a removable hardtop. Because of the car-to-car differences, each hardtop fits only the car for which it was made.
Front suspension was parallel double wishbones with torsion bar springs and stabilizer bar. The rear suspension was a live axle, also sprung on torsion bars, and located by Panhard rod and a Central, transverse a-arm to control acceleration and braking forces. Brakes were Alfin drum brakes of 284.5 mm 11.2 in diameter, and the brake booster was optional. Late-model 507s had front disc brakes Girling. & Pirelli 185vr16 Cinturato radial tire.
The engine is BMWs aluminum alloy OHV V8, of 3.168 cubic centimeters 193.3 CU displacement, pushrod driven overhead valves. It had two Zenith 32NDIX two carb, chain drive oil pump, high lift Cams, a different spark advance curve, polished combustion chamber, the compression ratio of 7.8:1, yielding 150 HP 110 kW DIN at 5.000 rpm. It was mated to a close ratio four-speed manual transmission. The standard rear ratio was 3.70:1, but ratios of 3.42:1 and 3.90:1 were optional. Modern test-drive the 507 with the standard 3.70:1 final drive has been reported in motor Revue, stating a 0-100 km / h 0-62 mph acceleration Time of 11.1 seconds and a top speed of 122 km / hour.
3. Introduction and influence. (Введение и влияние)
The 507 made its debut at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in new York in the summer of 1955. Production began in November 1956. Max Hoffman intended the 507 to sell for about US$5.000, which, in his opinion, will allow a production run of 5.000 units per year. Instead, high production costs pushed the price in Germany to DM 26.500 later 29.950, initially driving in the USA price of $9.000 and, ultimately, $10.500. Despite attracting celebrity buyers like John Derek and especially Elvis Presley, who owned two, Hans stuck and Georg "Schorsch" Meier, and being powered by a V8 engine, the car never amounted to more than 10% of the sales volumes achieved by its Stuttgart rival, the six-cylinder Mercedes-Benz 300SL.
Intended to revive BMWs sporting image, the 507 instead took BMW to the brink of bankruptcy - the companys losses for 1959 were DM 15 million. The company lost money on each 507 built, and production was discontinued in late 1959. Was only 252 reason, plus two prototypes. Fortunately for the company, infusion of capital from Herbert Quandt and the launch of new, cheaper models of the BMW 700 and later the new class 1500 has helped the company to recover.
4. Heritage. (Наследие)
The style of the 507 later influenced the Z3 and the Z4, and, most notably, in Z8, chrome side vents and horizontal front grille. The 507 remains a landmark model for its attractive styling. 202 507s are known to survive, a tribute to the cars appeal.
4.1. Heritage. Known owners. (Известные владельцы)
Elvis Presley, as noted above, during service in Germany in the service of the U.S. Army has purchased two of the model. His first 507, in 1957 chassis # 70079 and painted white, has already raced by Hans stuck used as a press demonstrator at BMW, and also appeared in the German musical Comedy called "hula-Hopp, Conny", released in March 1959. Because many fans office entertainment leave lipstick marks on the car, mostly when the car was parked near his house at 14 Goethestrasse in bad Nauheim, he painted red. It was imported to the United States in 1960 and was bought by Alabama disc jockey Tommy Charles, he is considerably changed, including having the engine replaced with a V8 from Chevrolet. In July 2014, BMW Group announced that the office of the company travel entertainment cars will be on display for a short period in the BMW Museum in Munich, before a fully restored classic division. This fully restored car is now back to its original white color after being displayed in the newly renovated Museum the BMW Zentrum is located in the center of US manufacturing in Greer, South Carolina., back in the BMW Museum in Munich, Germany
Reportedly Presley gave his second 507, chassis # no. 70192, to Ursula Andress, who starred in "fun in Acapulco" with him in 1963. Andresss husband, John Derek, who had another 507, but sold it to entertainer, Fred Astaire, then it was 507 Elvis gave his wife especially tuned, which included, changing its color from white to light blue, as well as having the engine replaced with a Ford 289 V8 with a volume. Andress sold the car in 1997 by George Barris for$300.000. The car was then restored again with proper transmission by a later owner. When the car arrived at the McDougalls Carrera car it was repainted black. That original engine was lost in time 2 503 V8 engines were located along with a dual carb intake from 507. Both engines were made in a running engine with BMW AG making a new engine gasket kit head gaskets at a price of US$25.000. He was also returned to its original white color and subsequently sold at auction for$350.000 and at another auction in 2011 for$1.072.500.
Bernie Ecclestones 507 fetched pounds 430.238 us 904.000$at auction in London in October 2007. At the Amelia island Concours in March 2014 507 sold at auction for $ 2.4 million.
John Surtees was given a 507 count Agusta for winning the 1956 world championship in the 500cc bike for MV Agusta. Surtees worked with rubber Dunlop to develop disc brakes for the front wheels of the 507, and his 507 eventually had disc brakes on all four wheels. Sertis 507 owned it until his death. Shortly thereafter, in July 2018 Surtees car sold for 3.809.500 Commission £plus the equivalent of 5 million USD and, thus, the highest ever paid for a 507. On December 1, 2018, at 507 owned by BMW 507 and 503 designer Albrecht von Hertz was sold for the Commission of £2.367.000 plus also at Bonhams.
- BMW in 1922. However the name BMW dates back to 1913, when the original company to use the name BMW was born initially as Rapp Motorenwerke BMW s
- The BMW 503 is a two - door 2 2 gran turismo manufactured by German automaker BMW from 1956 to 1959. The company developed the 503 alongside the 507 roadster
- The BMW 501 was a luxury car manufactured by BMW from 1952 to 1958. Introduced at the first Frankfurt Motor Show in 1951, the 501 was the first BMW model
- latter left BMW and styling was approved. The Z8 originally was designed as a styling exercise intended to evoke and celebrate the 1956 1959 BMW 507 Prototypes
- 1956 - 1960 BMW 503 - 104 kW 140 bhp 1956 - 1959 BMW 507 - 112 kW 150 bhp 1957 - 1961 BMW 3.2 Super - 104 kW 140 bhp In 1961, the BMW 3.2 and BMW 3.2 Super
- Danish Henrik Fisker at BMW s DesignworksUSA. The Z07 originally was designed as a styling exercise to celebrate the BMW 507 and the overwhelming popularity
- was a German industrial designer who designed cars for BMW including the BMW 503 and BMW 507 He also was an early contributor to the design of the legendary
- The BMW i is a sub - brand of BMW founded in 2011 to design and manufacture plug - in electric vehicles. The company s initial plans call for the release
- The BMW M5 is a high performance variant of the BMW 5 Series marketed under the BMW M sub - brand. It is considered an iconic vehicle in the sports sedan
- the Mercedes - Benz 300SL Gullwing, Porsche 356 Speedster, and V - 8 powered BMW 507 roadster. Hoffman s contributions to both automobile development and sports
- motorcycles. BMW F650GS F800GS BMW F800R BMW F800S BMW F800ST BMW G450X BMW G650 Xmoto, Xchallenge, and Xcountry BMW R1200GS BMW R1200R BMW R1200RT BMW R1200S
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
- The BMW 328 is a sports car made by BMW between 1936 and 1940, with the body design credited to Peter Szymanowski, who became BMW chief of design after
- the BMW 503 and BMW 507 He was chairman of BMW AG from 1955 to 1956 and he finally retired in 1966, after a long and active life devoted to BMW but
- class. Since the pre - war BMW 328 model, BMW had a reputation for sporty production cars. The expensive V8 - powered BMW 503 and BMW 507 of the 1950s could not
- The fifth generation of the BMW 7 Series consists of the BMW F01 sedan version and BMW F02 long - wheelbase sedan version full - size luxury sedans. The
- 2019 - 11 - 11. BMW How It Feels To Drive The Iconic BMW 507 Motor1.com. Retrieved 2019 - 11 - 11. Noakes, Andrew 2005 The Ultimate History of BMW Bath, UK:
- The BMW Z1 is the first model in BMW s line of Z series roadsters two - seater convertibles and was produced in limited numbers from 1989 to 1991. The
- The BMW R1200GS and R1200GS Adventure are motorcycles manufactured in Berlin, Germany by BMW Motorrad, part of the BMW group. It is one of the BMW GS family
- sells high - performance versions of BMW cars. Alpina works closely with BMW and their processes are integrated into BMW s production lines, thus Alpina is
- he was. The first project Rosche worked on was the camshaft of the BMW 502 and 507 As a result of his high level of skill in calculating camshafts, Rosche
- and powered by a four - stroke, 95 hp 71 kW BMW 1200 GS engine. The 1200 has an empty weight of 230 kg 507 lb and a gross weight of 450 kg 992 lb
- Volkswagen Type 1 Beetle 1999 Daihatsu Mira Gino Mini 2000 BMW Z8 1956 BMW 507 2000 Jaguar S - Type 1960s Jaguar S - Type 2000 Toyota Origin 1955
- Panizza Pisanelli Renault 750 Sport 1954 1992: Cane Galliani BMW 507 1957 1993: Vesco Bocelli Cisitalia 202 SC 1948 1994: Cane Galliani
- 928 kg 19, 683 lb Gross weight: 13, 973 kg 30, 805 lb Powerplant: 4 BMW VI, 507 kW 680 hp each Performance Maximum speed: 210 km h 130.5 mph Range:
- by German automobile manufacturer Alpina from 2011 to 2015. Based on the BMW 7 Series F01 the car was introduced to the public at the 2010 Chicago
- 872 mph. Second place went to Frenchman Philippe Streiff aboard the AGS - BMW JH19C, entered by AGS Elf Armagnac Bigorre Streiff was one lap adrift
- Prototype, powered by a 492 kW 660 hp BMW VI engine. First flight in 1934. Ar 68a First prototype. 1 x 478 kW 641 hp BMW VId V - 12. Ar 68b Second prototype
- initially re - built and tuned pre - war BMW 328 cars using components supplied by the customer, turning them into BMW - Veritas cars. The first car was used
- modern look, paying homage to the iconic BMW 507 produced from 1956 to 1959 Fisker envisioned it as a 507 that evolved like the Porsche 911 has over
Users also searched:
bmw 503, bmw 507 boat, bmw 507 elvis, bmw 507 for sale ebay, bmw 507 for sale, bmw 507 interior, bmw 507 price in india, bmw 507 replica, bmw, series, sale, for sale, india, price, interior, elvis, boat, price in india, for sale ebay, ebay, replica, bmw series, bmw for sale, bmws, bmw boat, bmw interior, series cx, bmw replica, bmw price in india, shoppacificbmw, season, bmw for sale ebay, bmw elvis, bmw i, bmw 507, 5 series, bmw 5, bmw 5 series,
1959 BMW 507 Series II Gooding & Company. Are trying find values? The Hagerty classic car valuation tool® is designed help you learn how to value your 1957 bmw 507 and assess. ..
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →