ⓘ Almena, Wisconsin

                                     

ⓘ Almena, Wisconsin

A post office called Almena has been in operation since 1888. The villages name is an amalgamation of Albert and Wilhelmina, the names of a first settler and his wife. Almena was platted in 1891. The name Almena came about after the federal government rejected the name "Lightning City" for a post office, which was derived from the nearby Lightning Creek.