ⓘ Duluth Civic Center Historic District
The Duluth Civic Center Historic District is a historic government complex in Duluth, Minnesota, United States. It includes the St. Louis County Courthouse, Duluth City Hall, and the Gerald W. Heaney Federal Building. The complex was designed by urban planning pioneer Daniel Burnham in 1909 and constructed over the next twenty years. It was listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 for its state-level significance in the themes of architecture and community planning and development. It was nominated for its associations with Burnham and the City Beautiful movement.
In Duluth Civic center historic district consists of five properties troops. The St. Louis County Courthouse, completed in 1909, was designed by Daniel Burnham and Co. the focal point of the complex. Before him stands a monument to Duluth veterans who died in service abroad. It was designed by Cass Gilbert and installed 1921. The St. Louis County jail, designed by Holstead & Sullivan, was added in 1923. Duluth city hall was designed by local architectural firm Shefchik & Olsen and built in 1928. The Federal building was built in 1929.
Was installed in front of the soldiers and sailors monument in the late 1960-ies of the fountain. The act of Congress, officially named former Federal district court judge Gerald Heaney, in 2007.
- Hawaii Civic Center Historic District Des Moines, Iowa Peabody Civic Center Historic District Peabody, Massachusetts Duluth Civic Center Historic District
- Maine Peabody Civic Center Historic District Peabody, MA, listed on the NRHP in Massachusetts Duluth Civic Center Historic District Duluth MN, listed
- Completed in 1930, it is part of the Duluth Civic Center Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. In 2007 the United States
- Music Center has been working to rehabilitate the building as a cultural venue. The Duluth Armory was listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- February 1985 National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form: Duluth Civic Center Historic District National Park Service. Retrieved
- YWCA of Duluth is a former YWCA building in Duluth Minnesota, United States. It was built in 1908 to provide programs and activities for Duluth s young
- DECC Duluth Mayo Civic Center Rochester Minneapolis Convention Center Minneapolis RiverCentre Saint Paul River s Edge Convention Center Saint
- St. Paul St. Mark s African Methodist Episcopal Church, Duluth Fort Missoula Historic District Missoula Jewell Building, Omaha Malcolm X House Site, Omaha
- MARTA at the Doraville NE10 Arts Center N5 Midtown N4 North Avenue N3 Civic Center N2 Peachtree Center N1 and Five Points stations. Transfers
- included in the National Register of Historic Places. There are more than 1, 600 properties and historic districts listed on the NRHP each of Minnesota s