ⓘ Volga Cossacks
The Volga Cossacks were free Cossack communities in Russia which were recorded in sources from the 16th century on. They inhabited the areas along the Volga river.
The Volga Cossacks participated in the conquest of Siberia Yermaks. Due to the creation of the Tsaritsyn fortified line in the 18th century, the Central government decided to form the Volga Cossack army Volgskoe Cossack army, consisting of 1057 families, mostly don Cossacks with its centre in the North of Dubovka Tsaritsyn. The Volga Cossacks participated in the Pugachev rebellion in 1773-1775.
In 1770 and 1777 most of the Volga Cossacks were resettled to the North Caucasus to form the Mozdok and Volga regiments of the Terek Cossack troops. The Volga Cossack army right was abolished. The remnants of the Volga Cossack army was merged with the Astrakhan Cossack troops in the early 19th century.
This article contains content derived from the Great Soviet encyclopedia, 1969-1978, partly in the public domain.
- Astrakhan Cossack Host Russian: Астраханское казачье войско was a Cossack host of Imperial Russia drawn from the Cossacks of the Lower Volga region, who
- the Volga to the Terek River. The local aboriginal Terek Cossacks joined this Cossack host later. In 1792 it was included in the Caucasus Line Cossack Host
- administrative subdivision of Cossacks in the Russian Empire. The Cossack host consisted of a certain territory with Cossack settlements that had to provide
- The Ural Cossack Host was a cossack host formed from the Ural Cossacks - - those Eurasian cossacks settled by the Ural River. Their alternative name, Yaik
- several major Cossack hosts: near the Dnieper, Don, Volga and Ural rivers, the Greben Cossacks in Caucasia and the Zaporozhian Cossacks mainly west
- history of the Cossacks spans several centuries. There are several theories about the origins of the Cossacks According to one theory, Cossacks have Slavic
- 1720s Dubovskoy - Kachalin horse - drawn railway on the map 1857 Volga - Don Railway Station on the map of the Don Cossacks 1871 Volga - Don Canal 2016
- kubantsi are Cossacks who live in the Kuban region of Russia. Most of the Kuban Cossacks are descendants of different major groups of Cossacks who were re - settled
- The Zaporozhian Cossacks Zaporozhian Cossack Army, Zaporozhian Host Cossack language: Військо Запорозьке, Ukrainian: Військо Запорізьке, Russian: Войско
- Hetman of the Registered Cossacks and court marshal was Jan Badowski. The registered Cossacks were the only military Cossack formation recognized by the
- Volga in Flames French: Volga en flammes is a 1934 historical adventure film directed by Viktor Tourjansky and starring Albert Prejean, Valery Inkijinoff
- lower Volga the colony co - existed with the Volga Cossacks colonists primarily settled around the city of Saratov. In addition to Ukrainians, Volga Germans
- included in the Sioux Valley school system: Bruce, Sinai, and Volga The Sioux Valley Cossacks football team is traditionally one of the strongest teams in