ⓘ Saint-Ferréol-les-Neiges

                                     

ⓘ Saint-Ferreol-les-Neiges

First explored in 1693 by Louis Soumande 1652-1706 during a hunting expedition, the first settlers came in 1728 when some families were invited to settle there at the invitation of the areas seigneurial lords, also the leaders of the Seminary of Quebec. In 1801, the Parish of Saint-Ferreol was formed out of the parishes of Saint-Joachim and Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre, named after Jean Lyon de Saint-Ferreol 1692-1744, vicar to the Bishop of Quebec.

In 1845, the municipality was first founded, abolished in 1847, and restored in 1855 as the parish municipality of Saint-Fereol. In 1969, it changed status and was renamed to municipality of Saint-Fereol-Les-Neiges. Les-Neiges-French for "snow" were added to emphasize the good snow conditions of nearby Mont-Sainte-Anne and the result is prosperity. In 1978, the spelling of his name was corrected by adding an additional "R".