ⓘ Maine Mor
Maine Mor descended from Colla da Chrioch of Oirghialla/Oriel, which became overpopulated. Maine Mor, his father Eochaidh Ferdaghiall and his two sons Breasal and Amhlaibh, travelled to Connacht to seek new lands. They attacked the lands of the local king, Cian dFhearaibh Bolg, king of the Fir Bolg see Soghain and Senchineoil, and with the intervention of Grellan, settled in the land. In return, the Ui Maine would evermore pay tribute to Grellan, who became the dynastys patron saint.
Maine Mor ruled for fifty years, and is the ancestor of the following families: Lally, Madden, Kelly, Fallon, Neachtain, Threinfhir, and others.
He was succeeded by his surviving son, Breasal Mac Maine mór, who ruled for thirty years.
- separated by the Shannon River. The people of the kingdom were descendants of Maine Mor who won the territory by warfare. Its sub - kingdoms, also known as lordships
- quarter of the 6th century. He was a descendant of Maine Mor who founded the kingdom of Ui Maine about the middle years of the 4th - century. In the king - lists
- 17th king of the Ui Maine Seachnasach s genealogy lists him as ten generations removed from Maine Mor the founder of Ui Maine Sechnasaigh, mic Congail
- Breasal mac Maine Mor 2nd king of Ui Maine fl. 4th - century 5th - century. John O Donovan remarked that Bresal, son of Maine thirty years, when he died
- Richard Mor de Burgh died 1242 and his son, Walter de Burgh, 1st Earl of Ulster died 1271 There is only the most indirect references to Ui Maine in the
- 1589. Kings of Ui Maine Maine Mor founder of the kingdom of Ui Maine fl. 4th - century A.D. Tadhg Mor Ua Cellaigh, 1014 King of Ui Maine and first Chief
- Cyprus. Kings of Ui Maine Maine Mor founder of the kingdom of Ui Maine fl. 4th - century A.D Tadhg Mor Ua Cellaigh, 1014 King of Ui Maine and first Chief
- Gadhra Mor mac Dundach died 1027 was King of Siol Anmchadha and Ui Maine Gadhra Mor was one of three known sons of Dundach, chief of the region extending
- Tadhg Mor Ua Cellaigh, 36th King of Ui Maine and 1st Chief of the Name. Ua Cellaigh was the first King of Ui Maine to bear the surname Ua Cellaigh, derived
- Screen, and O Kelly Farrell. All dates approximate. Maine Mor fl. c.357 407 Breasal mac Maine Mor fl. c.407 c.437 Fiachra Finn, fl. c.437 c.454 Connall