ⓘ Yom Tov Torah readings
On Yom Tov, entire parshiot of the Torah are not read in the synagogue. Rather, select portions of a parsha, generally pertaining to the holiday, are read. These readings are usually shorter than a full parsha.
When a Yom Tov other than Yom Kippur falls on a day, excluding Saturdays, reading consists of five sections, not including Maftir. On Yom Kippur, six readings will take place.
All these days, the Maftir is read from another part of the Torah. Two Torah scrolls are removed from the ark. This is because it is difficult and time consuming to roll the scroll to a point where the Maftir is located. In the Maftir readings come from Parsha Pinchas.
The Torah is read on Yom Tov during Shacharit. No reading of Mincha on Yom Tov other than Yom Kippur if the day falls on Shabbat, when the regular Sabbath readings for the week reading. The Torah reading at Mincha on fast days.
- Yom Tov or Yom - Tov may refer to: Jewish holidays, lit. Good Day in Hebrew Language Yom tov sheni shel galuyot, a concept in halakha Yom Tov Torah
- a Hebrew greeting on Shabbat Yom Tov Torah readings Yotzer ohr Zemirot, Shabbat songs Category: Weekly Torah readings Acharei Mot Chukat Ki Tisa Metzora
- Aliyah Torah Weekly Torah portion Cantillation Haftarah Minyan Sefer Torah Torah ark Yom Tov Torah readings Torah study Yad Qur an reading in Islam
- day combine some usual practices of Chol HaMoed with practices of both Yom Tov and the High Holy Days. Chol HaMoed combines features of weekday Chol
- the Torah as Yom Teruah is the first day of that month according to the Hebrew calendar. On this day forgiveness of sins is also asked of God. Yom Kippur
- Letzion on Shabbat and Yom Tov only Torah reading on Shabbat and public fast days only Amidah Tachanun omitted on Shabbat, Yom Tov and certain other
- 2013 - 03 - 27. Cohn, Tzvi Meir. Baal Shem Tov Genesis BST Publishing Hayom Yom Tammuz 16. Golding, Peretz. The Baal Shem Tov - A Brief Biography Jewish History
- observance 3. Shevitat Asor: laws of Yom Kippur, except for the Temple service see Avodat Yom ha - Kippurim, below 4. Yom Tov prohibitions on major Jewish holidays
- the Torah readings on Simchat Torah translating to Rejoicing in the Law is marked by Jewish communities around the world. Each weekly Torah portion
- originally termed, according to its subject, Yom Tov - Holidays deals chiefly with the rules to be observed on Yom Tov 5 chapters. Rosh Hashanah: ראש השנה