ⓘ Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop
The Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop is a building in Minneapolis, Minnesota listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. The repair shop was established by the city of Minneapolis to reorganize and consolidate the services of the fire department. The shop was also used to convert horse-drawn fire equipment to motorized vehicles.
Between 1929 and 1932, years, shop built eight large pumping because the existing pierce arrow body chassis, normal platform for fire-fighting equipment at the time had insufficient capacity. Representatives of the fire service of the Minneapolis fire visited Milwaukee to see how they built their own new pumpers. Then store Minneapolis began construction of the new pump using components from AWD company. The four-wheel drive built engines, transmissions, suspension components and other components, while the stores Department Minneapolis fire frame, body, pumping equipment and other firefighting equipment. Fire service Minneapolis also completed the Assembly of these cars. Although pumping had the appearance of a clumsy and were hard to steer, some of these pump remained in service until 1955.
In 2014 the hotel was completely renovated commercial space containing a restaurant / bar and offices.
- the fire and later costs to repair the street around the block. At its peak, 85 of the Minneapolis Fire Department was battling this blaze, and fire crews
- NRHP - listed Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop Minneapolis MN, NRHP - listed Station 13 Minneapolis Fire Department Minneapolis MN, NRHP - listed
- Minneapolis is the largest city by population in the U.S. state of Minnesota, and the county seat of Hennepin County. The origin and growth of the city
- edge of Lake Harriet until 1891, when it was destroyed by fire After the fire Minneapolis hired architect Harry Wild Jones to design the next bandshell
- and equipment. Ordnance maintenance bomb service, emergency repair machine shop and repair trucks, with their parts and equipment. Prime movers, passenger
- National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop PDF National Park Service. Retrieved 2014 - 08 - 05. Cite
- 20 February, its work becoming the construction of the first vehicle repair shop on the field, installing machinery. Large qualities of vehicles had begun
- used privately, serving as a coat manufacturing center and furniture repair shop For those purposes, the walls upstairs were removed. In 1985, when Pine
- of the Council Mayor William Porter started a wagon, carriage, and repair shop in 1880. He was in that work until 1884, when he moved to Brandon, Minnesota
- library, grocery store, convenience store, bank, 2 gas stations, 2 auto repair shops post office, senior living center, hardware store, and other businesses