ⓘ Des Moines Area Regional Transit
DART was founded in 1973 as the Des Moines Metropolitan Transit Authority, commonly known as the MTA. Formed by a partnership of the cities of Des Moines, West Des Moines, Clive, Windsor Heights, and Urbandale. The MTA eventually developed a 14-county carpool and vanpool system in addition to its bus system.
By 2006, population growth in different regions of the Central Iowa Led for Polk County and nineteen cities, the formation of a regional transport Agency, the following amendments to the law of Iowa in 2005.
Sunday service was added for the first time in 2007. In 2008, a free Shuttle bus connected the downtown des Moines with the Iowa state Capitol building. In 2012, was built station bus 21 million dollars opened on the South end of the city, ending decades using walnut street as a transit center. Dart Central station is the main hub for many Darts local buses.
Today Altoona services Dart, Ankeny, Bondurant, Clive, des Moines, Grimes, Johnston, pleasant hill, Polk County, Urbandale, West des Moines and Windsor heights. The dart is a Board of 12 Commissioners, one from each member country it serves. Commission meetings are open to the public, and information can be found on the website of Dart.
- Iowa 415. Des Moines s public transit system, operated by DART Des Moines Area Regional Transit which was the Des Moines Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Downtown Des Moines is the central business district of Des Moines Iowa and the Greater Des Moines Metropolitan Area Downtown Des Moines is defined
- Transit, a transit agency in Texas, U.S. Des Moines Area Regional Transit a mass transit service in Iowa, U.S. Dixie Area Rapid Transit former name
- Department of Transportation. Mass transit in much of the Chicago metropolitan area is managed through the Regional Transportation Authority RTA which
- sponsored a bus ad campaign, placing advertisements on twenty Des Moines Area Regional Transit DART buses. The message of the ads stated Don t believe
- southeastern part, the city is split into northern and southern halves by the Des Moines River. The young town was severely damaged during the Flood of 1851. In
- suburb of the state capital of Des Moines as part of the Des Moines - West Des Moines IA metropolitan statistical area Population estimates by the United
- speaking, areas in South King County from Burien and Des Moines through Renton and Maple Valley are served by routes numbered in the 100s, areas in East
- Sound Transit Express ST Express is a network of regional express buses, operated by the multi - county transit agency, Sound Transit The routes connect
- Seattle Metro. Sold to CATS in 1990. 8 sold to Des Moines Area Regional Transit in 1994. Sold to AC Transit in 1988. Sold to SCRTD in 1984. 114 sold to CTA