Morontobara was an ancient name for Manora Island, located In Karachi, Pakistan.
Alexander the great camp to prepare a fleet for Babylonia after his campaign in the Indus valley, Morontobara island ancient island of Manora near Karachi port, from where Alexander Nearchus Admiral sailed, and Βαρβαρικόν Barbarikon, a port of the Indo-Greek Bactrian Kingdom.
- or Morontobara is a small peninsula 2.5 km² located just south of the Port of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Manora Island was known as Morontobara to the
- prepare a fleet for Babylonia after his campaign in the Indus valley Morontobara island ancient Manora island near Karachi harbour from where Alexander s
- the port was recorded by various names by the Greeks such as Krokola, Morontobara port, and Barbarikon, a sea port of the Indo - Greek Bactrian kingdom.
- prepare a fleet for Babylonia after his campaign in the Indus Valley Morontobara probably Manora island near Karachi harbour from whence Alexander s
- ancient ports have been attributed in the area including Krokola Morontobara Woman s Harbour mentioned by Nearchus Barbarikon the Periplus
- Alexander the Great once camped to prepare a fleet for Babylonia, as well as Morontobara which may possibly be Karachi s Manora neighbourhood. In 711 CE, Muhammad