ⓘ History of Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand, India. Literally Northern Land or Section in Sanskrit, the name of Uttarakhand finds mention in the early Hindu scriptures as the combined region of Kedarkhand and Manaskhand.
Uttarakhand was the ancient Puranic term for the Central stretch of the Indian Himalayas. Peaks and valleys were well known in ancient times as the abode of gods and goddesses and source of the river Ganges. Around 200 BC Khas Aryan people infiltrated in the Himalayan range all the way from the Caucasus mountains, in contrast to the Vedic Aryans who took the southern,Western and Eastern route, Khas Aryan took a brand new walking route Northern route of the Great Himalaya from the Caucasus mountains of Europe in the North-Western Himalayas. Today it is often called the "Land of Gods" Devbhumi due to the presence of numerous Hindu pilgrimage sites. Uttarakhand known as Devbhumi since ancient times. In the Pauravas, Kushanas, Kunindas, Gupta, Katyuris, Palas, in vruci, and Parmars or Panwars and the British have ruled Uttarakhand in turns.
- of and topical guide to Uttarakhand Uttarakhand state in the northern part of India. It is often referred to as the Devabhumi literally: Land of
- Uttarakhand ˌʊtəˈrɑːkʌnd formerly known as Uttaranchal ˌʊtəˈrɑːntʃəl is a state in the northern part of India. It is often referred to as the
- The Interim Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly also known as Antarim Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha was a unicameral governing and law making body of the newly
- Uttarakhand of the Republic of India. Uttarakhand became a separate state off Uttar Pradesh at 9 November 2000. It is notable that the formation of Uttarakhand
- is a city of Udham Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand and one of its seven subdivisions. Located in the western part of Udham Singh
- the Indian state of Uttarakhand These fires, set mainly in pine forests in the slopes of the sub - Himalayan region, produced clouds of smoke. Widespread
- The Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly, also known as the Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha, is a unicameral governing and law making body of Uttarakhand one of the
- Uttarakhand Devabhumi Matribhumi English: Uttarakhand Land of the Gods, O Motherland is the official state song of the Indian state of Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee Uttarakhand PCC is the Pradesh Congress Committee state wing of the Indian National Congress INC serving
- A district of Uttarakhand state is an administrative geographical unit, headed by a District Magistrate earlier called District Collector an officer