Sivaganga is a town in the Sivaganga district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is also the headquarters of the Sivaganga District. The town is located at a distance of 48 km from Madurai and 449 km from the state capital Chennai. It is an important town in this district for official and commercial purpose. Its nick named as Sivagangai Seemai.
Sivaganga Kingdom was founded by Sasivarna Periya Oodaya profile thevar in 1730. The city was subsequently ruled by his successors and ultimately by Velu Nachiyar under the leadership of Maruthu Pandiyar. They were against the British Empire, but eventually lost to them in 1790. The company appointed Gowry Vallaba Periya Oodaya profile thevar as the Zamindar Sivaganga in 1801, whose successors continued with chaos until Indias independence in 1947. It was under Ramnad district until 1984 and subsequently a part of the newly formed district of Sochi. The city is known for agriculture, metal working and weaving. The region around Sivaganga has considerable mineral deposits.
Sivaganga is administered by a municipality established in 1965. As of 2011, the municipality on the area of 7.97 km2 of 3.08 square miles and had a population of 92.359 included in Sivaganga Assembly constituency which elects a member of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly once every five years and is part of the Sivaganga constituency which elects its member of Parliament MP once every five years. Roads are the main mode of transportation in the city, and has railway communication. The nearest sea port of V. O. Chidambaranar port trust, Tuticorin is 189 km, 117 km from Sochi, and the nearest airport is Madurai airport is located 53 km 33 km away from the city.
- Sivaganga District is an administrative district in Tamil Nadu state. Sivaganga is the district headquarters.It is bounded by Pudukkottai district on
- Town Panchayat in Sivaganga district in the India state of Tamil Nadu. Tiruppattur is situated at Sivaganga district, 27 km from Sivaganga 22 km away from
- The estate of Sivaganga Tamil: ச வகங க ஜம ன as per British records also known as Kingdom of the Lesser Marava, was a permanently settled zamindari
- Sivaganga railway station serves the city of Sivagangai, India. The station belongs to the Madurai railway division and is a major transit point in Sivagangai
- Sivaganga taluk is a taluk of Sivagangai district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The headquarters of the taluk is the town of Sivaganga According
- Sivaganga Park is a recreational park in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. It adjoins the Brihadeeswarar Temple, a popular tourist destination
- Kothamangalam is a village panchayat located in the Sivaganga district of Tamil - Nadu state, India. The latitude 10.187397 and longitude 78.8071150000001
- Sivaganga block is a revenue block in the Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu, India. It has a total of 43 panchayat villages. Map of revenue blocks of
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sivaganga Hindi: क न द र य व द य लय, श वग ग Hindi for Central School, Sivaganga is a system of central government schools under
- delimitation of parliamentary constituencies and has over 1, 090, 000 voters. Sivaganga or Sivagangai is the center of administration of the Sivagangai District
- Sivaganga Palace is a palace in Sivaganga district, Tamil Nadu, southern India, about 40 kilometres 25 mi from Madurai. It is an old royal palace, with
- Sivaganga division is a revenue division in the Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu, India. Map of Revenue divisions of Sivaganga district