ⓘ Borough of Koroit

                                     

ⓘ Borough of Koroit

The Borough of Koroit was a local government area about 18 kilometres northwest of Warrnambool in western Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 23.07 square kilometres immediately to the north of the Tower Hill State Game Reserve, and existed from 1870 until 1985.

It was first registered on October 7, 1870. On June 1, 1985, the district was merged with the Shire Warrnambool as Koroit riding.

                                     
  • township of Koroit separated from the Shire of Belfast and formed the Borough of Koroit In November 1870, after the proclamation of the Borough of Koroit on
  • the Borough of Koroit was merged into the Shire of Warrnambool, as an additional riding known as the Koroit Riding. On 23 September 1994, the Shire of Warrnambool
  • covers an area of 5, 481 square kilometres 2, 116 sq mi and in June 2018 had a population of 16, 887. It includes the towns of Port Fairy, Koroit Mortlake
  • The Borough of Wonthaggi was a local government area about 120 kilometres 75 mi south - southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia
  • The Borough of Kerang was a local government area in north - western Victoria, Australia. The borough which for most of its history was part of the surrounding
  • Borough of Sebastopol was a local government area about 4 kilometres 2 mi south of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The borough covered
  • The Borough of Port Fairy was a local government area about 290 kilometres 180 mi west - southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia
  • The Borough of Eaglehawk was a local government area which covered the northwestern suburbs of the regional city of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. The
  • became a borough on 1 October 1863, a town on 30 January 1950, and was proclaimed a city on 4 December 1965. On 20 January 1995, the City of Castlemaine
  • Borough of Ballaarat was first incorporated on 10 December 1855, and became a town on 10 October 1863 and a city on 9 September 1870. The Borough of Ballaarat
  • transferred to the borough on 10 April 1956 and 1 February 1964, after which the borough was proclaimed a city, by the Governor of Victoria on 26 May