ⓘ Shire of Kyneton

                                     

ⓘ Shire of Kyneton

The Shire of Kyneton was a local government area about 85 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 725.2 square kilometres, and existed from 1859 until 1995.

                                     
  • Ranges was created from the merging of the Shires of Gisborne, Newham and Woodend, Romsey, and parts of the Shire of Kyneton Gisborne was first incorporated
  • the towns of Gisborne, Kyneton Lancefield, Macedon, Malmsbury, Mount Macedon, New Gisborne, Riddells Creek, Romsey and Woodend. The Shire is named after
  • trains. The town is the council seat of the Shire of Macedon Ranges. At the 2016 census, Kyneton recorded a population of 6, 951. Major Thomas Mitchell, an
  • amalgamation of the Shire of Creswick, Shire of Daylesford and Glenlyon and parts of the Shire of Kyneton and Shire of Talbot and Clunes. The Shire is governed
  • Kyneton Aero Club on behalf of the Shire of Macedon Ranges. Australia portal List of airports in Victoria YKTN Kyneton PDF AIP En Route Supplement from
  • became a shire on 2 November 1864. On 9 October 1921, parts of the shire were annexed to the Shire of Kyneton On 15 December 1994, the Shire of Ballan
  • Kyneton Post Office is a heritage - listed post office at 113 Mollison Street, Kyneton Victoria, Australia. It was designed by Peter Kerr of the colonial
  • the Shire of Kyneton On 15 December 1994, the Shire of Bacchus Marsh was abolished, and, along with the Shire of Ballan, was merged into the Shire of Moorabool
  • the Shire of Romsey was abolished, and, along with the Shires of Gisborne, Kyneton and Newham and Woodend, was merged into the newly created Shire of Macedon