ⓘ Shire of Lillydale

                                     

ⓘ Shire of Lillydale

The Shire of Lillydale was a local government area about 40 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 397.49 square kilometres, and existed from 1856 until 1994.

                                     
  • Lillydale Lake the name retaining the earliest spelling and the name of the former Lillydale Shire is an artificial lake and wetlands area created in
  • population of 158, 173. It was formed in 1994 by the merger of parts of the Shire of Sherbrooke, Shire of Lillydale Shire of Healesville and Shire of Upper
  • abolished, and, along with the Shires of Lillydale Healesville and Upper Yarra, was merged into the newly created Shire of Yarra Ranges. The districts around
  • covered an area of 34.32 square kilometres 13.25 sq mi and existed from 1961 until 1994. Croydon was originally part of the Shire of Lillydale which was
  • along with Wonga Park, from the Shire of Lillydale was merged into the newly created City of Manningham. At the time of dissolution, council meetings were
  • December 1994, the Shire of Healesville was abolished, and, along with the Shires of Lillydale and Upper Yarra and parts of the Shire of Sherbrooke, was
  • Lilydale had a population of 15, 530. It began as a town within the Shire of Lillydale and is also notable as the burial site of Dame Nellie Melba Lilydale
  • 1974 75, the Shire of Lillydale offered to buy land for a central park in Mount Evelyn for a low price 10, 000 on the grounds that the people of Mount Evelyn
  • a population of 2, 988. The bushland of the suburb is the only place where the Kilsyth South Spider Orchid is found. Shire of Lillydale - A former local
  • the Shires of Lillydale Healesville and most of the Shire of Sherbrooke, was merged into the newly created Shire of Yarra Ranges. The Shire of Upper Yarra