The name "Oberkochen" consists of the two German words "ober", meaning "above" or "upper", and "Kocher", the name of the local river. The name indicates, that this settlement lies above the river Kocher or on its upper part. The river Kocher has its spring just to the south of Oberkochen and runs to the north. Therefore, the village next to the north of Oberkochen is Unterkochen, with the German "unter" meaning "lower" or "under".
- twinned with: Mukachevo, Ukraine Carei, Romania Zevenaar, Netherlands Oberkochen Baden - Wurttemberg, Germany since June 2008 Vittoria, Italy Mateszalka
- owned by Carl Zeiss AG. The headquarters of the group are located in Oberkochen Germany, with additional sites in the German cities Jena, Wetzlar, Rossdorf
- the planetarium s projector be fully modernised in the Zeiss factory at Oberkochen and that Johannesburg would in due course have a new planetarium built
- German: Roter Kocher is a small river in Baden - Wurttemberg, Germany. It flows into the Black Kocher in Oberkochen List of rivers of Baden - Wurttemberg
- small solar system bodies 6008 1990 BF2 a.k.a. 1990 BF2 5489 1992 BF2 a.k.a. 1992 BF2, see 5489 Oberkochen BFF disambiguation BF3 disambiguation
- Angela Veronese 1778 - 1847 poet Dammarie - les - Lys, France, since 1987 Oberkochen Germany, since 1992 Tata, Hungary, since 2000 Calcio Montebelluna Superficie
- Dimension. Springer. p. 2. ISBN 978 - 3 - 642 - 42281 - 2. A good illustration of a reading stone in use Zeiss Optical Museum, Oberkochen Retrieved 2011 - 03 - 06.
- Georg Brunnhuber born 18 February 1948 in Oberkochen is a German politician of the Christian Democratic Union CDU He served as a member of the German
- of more than 2000 historical spectacles from the Zeiss Collection in Oberkochen Germany, the Hallauer Collection Museum for the History of Medicine
- Oberkochen submitter Bone Segment Navigation System, International Patent PCT EP98 06828, 1998 Marmulla, Rudiger inventor Carl Zeiss Oberkochen