ⓘ Cystine/glutamate transporter
Cystine/glutamate transporter is an antiporter that in humans is encoded by the SLC7A11 gene.
In the SLC7A11 gene codes for a sodium-independent cystine-glutamate antiporter, which depends on the chloride, known as system XC - or xart. It regulates synaptic activity stimulates extrasynaptic receptors and produces nonvesicular glutamate. This gene is expressed on astrocytes and couples the uptake of one molecule of cystine with release of one molecule of glutamate. Dimer cystine gets picked up by glial cells and monomer cystine, cysteine, is neurons. The expression of XC - was discovered in the brain, with higher expression found in the basolateral amygdala and prefrontal cortex. Inhibition of system XC - has been found to change the number of actions, which suggests that it plays a key role in excitatory signals.
- Glutamate transporters are a family of neurotransmitter transporter proteins that move glutamate the principal excitatory neurotransmitter across a
- the cystine glutamate transporter family of proteins. Genderblind protein is expressed in glial cells where it secretes the neurotransmitter glutamate and
- acid transporter 1 EAAT1 is a protein that, in humans, is encoded by the SLC1A3 gene. EAAT1 is also often called the GLutamate ASpartate Transporter 1
- Takahashi S, Bannai S November 2005 Redox imbalance in cystine glutamate transporter - deficient mice The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 280 45
- glial cells use a cystine glutamate antiporter xCT to transport cystine into the cell and glutamate out. Excessive extracellular glutamate concentrations
- subunits of amino acid transporters This protein plays a role in the high - affinity and sodium - independent transport of cystine and neutral and dibasic
- ion channel family 1.A.10 Glutamate - gated ion channel family of neurotransmitter receptors 1.A.11 Ammonium channel transporter family 1.A.12 Intracellular
- This disorder is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion. Glutamate transporter Solute carrier family GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000115902
- Carlson J, George AL Aug 1997 Genomic organization of a human cystine transporter gene SLC3A1 and identification of novel mutations causing cystinuria
- Kimata M, et al. 2003 Expression of the activity of cystine glutamate exchange transporter system x c - by xCT and rBAT Biochem. Biophys. Res