ⓘ History of Nairobi

                                     

ⓘ History of Nairobi

The earliest account of Nairobis history dates back to 1899 when a railway depot was built in a brackish African swamp occupied only by a pastoralist people, the Maasai, as well as the agriculturalist Kikuyu people who were both displaced. The railway complex and the building around it rapidly expanded and urbanized until it became the largest city of Kenya and the countrys capital. The name "Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nyirobi, which translates to "the place of cool waters". However, Nairobi is popularly known as the "Green City in the Sun."

                                     
  • The following is a timeline of the history of the city of Nairobi Kenya. 1899 - Uganda Railway Mombasa - Nairobi begins operating depot built by British
  • Nairobi naɪˈroʊbi is the capital and the largest city of Kenya. The name comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nairobi which translates to cool water
  • Nairobi School is a national secondary school in Nairobi Kenya. It was founded in 1902 by the British settlers who had made Nairobi their home after the
  • University of Nairobi UoN is a collegiate research university based in Nairobi It is one of the largest universities in Kenya. Although its history as an
  • The Nairobi Hospital is a private hospital in Nairobi Kenya. It is located on Argwings Kodhek Road, in the neighborhood of Upper Hill, in Kenya s capital
  • The United Nations Office at Nairobi UNON is one of four major United Nations office sites where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence
  • terminal building at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi Kenya, destroying two of the three units contained in the building. No one was killed
  • The Nairobi Japanese School ナイロビ日本人学校, Nairobi Nihonjin Gakkō, NJS is a Japanese school located in the Lang ata area of Nairobi Kenya, in proximity
  • The Nairobi Securities Exchange NSE was established in 1954 as the Nairobi Stock Exchange, based in Nairobi the capital of Kenya. It was a voluntary