ⓘ Chugwater, Wyoming

                                     

ⓘ Chugwater, Wyoming

The Chugwater area, with its proximity to Fort Laramie, was visited by some of the earliest Western expeditions, including that of Stephen Watts Kearny in 1845, and cattle were first wintered in the valley as early as 1859.

Some historians believe that the name "Chugwater" is derived from a Mandan account of a bison hunt. According to this version, the chief was disabled during the hunt, and his son took on hunting or "Buffalo Jump". Under his leadership, the hunters drove the Buffalo over the nearby cliffs when the animals reached the Ground below, the sound of "rumbling" heard the hunters. The story ends etymology: since the flow was near the base of the cliff, the scene was named "place" or "water in the place where the Buffalo chug".

                                     
  • The Chugwater Formation is a mapped bedrock unit consisting primarily of red sandstone, in the states of Wyoming Montana, and Colorado in the United States
  • The Diamond Ranch was established near Chugwater Wyoming in 1878 by George Rainsford, a New York native who came west to breed horses. Rainsford, an architect
  • Headquarters are a historic ranch headquarters complex on Wyoming Highway 313 in Chugwater Wyoming Organized in 1883 in Scotland, the Swan Company was one
  • Chugwater Creek is a tributary of the Laramie River in southeastern Wyoming in the United States. The stream rises northeast of Laramie, in the Laramie
  • refer to: Diamond Ranch Chugwater Wyoming listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Platte County, Wyoming Diamond Ranch High School
  • is a business route signed as Wyoming Highway 321 and serving the Town of Chugwater in southeastern Platte County, Wyoming The highway begins at exit 54
  • under development in Wyoming and Michigan. One project is known as the Chugwater Flats Energy Project located in Chugwater Wyoming The other is known
  • station and post office in the U.S. state of Wyoming Farthing is located southwest of Chugwater in the Chugwater Creek valley. The region was originally named
  • KHAN 99.5 FM was a radio station licensed to Chugwater Wyoming United States. The station was owned by Victor Michael, Jr. and Van Michael through
  • 87 WYO 211, meets Wyoming Highway 313, and heads north to I - 25 US 87 at exit 57 just north of Chugwater Ty Basin Interchange Wyoming Highway 321 was