ⓘ Ingestre Hall

                                     

ⓘ Ingestre Hall

Ingestre Hall is a Grade II* 17th-century Jacobean mansion situated at Ingestre, near Stafford, Staffordshire, England. Formerly the seat of the Earls Talbot and then the Earls of Shrewsbury, the hall is now owned by Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council and is in use as a Residential Arts and Conference Centre.

                                     
  • town of Stafford. Ingestre Hall is a local landmark. It was formerly served by both Weston and Ingestre railway station and Ingestre railway station. The
  • Ingestre Hall Ingestre 1242893 National Heritage List for England, retrieved 5 November 2019 Historic England, Church of St Mary, Ingestre 1259814
  • Talbot, 2nd Viscount of Ingestre 2nd Baron Dynevor KG, PC, FRS 25 April 1777 10 January 1849 styled Viscount of Ingestre between 1784 and 1793, was
  • Walter Chetwynd FRS 1 May 1633 21 March 1693 of Ingestre Hall Staffordshire was an English antiquary and politician. He was the only child of Walter
  • to such affluent estates as Shugborough to the south and Sandon Hall and Ingestre Hall to the north, homes of the Earl of Lichfield, the Earl of Harrowby
  • He was High Sheriff of Staffordshire for 1607 08. In 1613 he rebuilt Ingestre Hall From 1613 to 1614 he was Mayor of Newcastle - under - Lyme. In 1614 he
  • Talbot, of Hensol in the County of Glamorgan, and Viscount of Ingestre of Ingestre Hall in the County of Stafford. Lord Shrewsbury was an admiral in the
  • acclaim. She performed Dido in Dido and Aeneas the following year at Ingestre Hall and returned to Covent Garden as Kundry in Parsifal in 1959. Her preference
  • John Talbot, 1st Earl Talbot, 1st Viscount of Ingestre 1st Baron Dynevor 25 February 1749 19 May 1793 known as John Talbot until 1782 and as The
  • Blithfield Hall 1426: Sir Roger Aston of Great Heywood 1427: Sir Richard Vernon of Haddon Hall and Harlaston 1428: Philip Chetwynd of Ingestre Hall 1430: Thomas