ⓘ Reedsville, Wisconsin

                                     

ⓘ Reedsville, Wisconsin

The village was named after Judge George Reed, who, with his partner, Jacob Lueps, bought a section of land in the town of Maple Grove, Wisconsin. In 1854, they had the land platted and surveyed by George Wimpf, who laid out a village of 56 blocks. Early residents of the village were French Canadians and Menomonee Indians. Later, settlers from Germany, Bohemia, and Ireland came. The village was incorporated in 1892, when its population was 510.