ⓘ Sand Fork, West Virginia

                                     

ⓘ Sand Fork, West Virginia

Sand Fork is a town in Gilmer County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 159 at the 2010 census. It is located along the Little Kanawha River, at the mouth of the Sand Fork.

Sand fork was incorporated in 1903 as Layopolis, named for William R. Lay, an employee of Eureka pipeline company, who worked on oil fields in the area. Until 1983, the town was known as Layopolis, while its post office was known as sand fork. The citys name was changed to sand fork by the results of the elections in 1983.

                                     
  • The Sand Fork is a tributary of the Little Kanawha River, 18.7 miles 30.1 km long, in central West Virginia in the United States. Via the Little Kanawha
  • Sand Fork may refer to: Sand Fork Little Kanawha River a stream in West Virginia Sand Fork West Virginia a town
  • creeks, drains, forks licks, runs, etc. in the state. Exclusive of major tributaries, there are about 46 named rivers in West Virginia Though relatively
  • Gilmer County, West Virginia United States. Stouts Mills is located on West Virginia Route 5 1.5 miles 2.4 km southeast of Sand Fork The community
  • along the south side of North Fork Gap, a water gap along the North Fork river and West Virginia Route 28 near Cabins, west of Petersburg. The mountain
  • generally west - northwestwardly, through Lewis, Braxton, Gilmer, Calhoun, Wirt and Wood Counties, past the communities of Burnsville, Stouts Mills, Sand Fork Glenville
  • westward out of the hills, meeting the Sand Fork at the base of the hills. The Sand Fork of Crab Creek flows south and west out of the hills a mile east of Gallipolis
  • County, West Virginia United States. Gilmer is located along West Virginia Route 5 and the Little Kanawha River 3 miles 4.8 km southeast of Sand Fork Gilmer
  • Excelsior is an unincorporated community in Upshur County, West Virginia United States. It is located on County Route 151 along the Left Fork of Sand Run.
  • formed between Louisa, Kentucky, and Fort Gay, West Virginia by the confluence of the Tug Fork and Levisa Fork It flows generally northwardly in a highly
  • Magisterial District is one of ten magisterial districts in Mason County, West Virginia The district was originally established as a civil township in 1863