ⓘ Chester, Vermont

                                     

ⓘ Chester, Vermont

The town was originally chartered by New Hampshire Governor Benning Wentworth as Flamstead in 1754. The terms of the charter were not met and the town was re-chartered as New Flamstead in 1761. In 1766, a patent was issued by New York that changed the name of the town to Chester, after George Augustus Frederick, the Earl of Chester and the eldest son of King George III. Later, the governing authority of Chester reverted to the 1761 charter by an act of the Vermont legislature, although it left the name "Chester" in place. 2011 was thus the 250th anniversary of the town.

                                     
  • Chester is a census - designated place CDP in Windsor County, Vermont United States. The population was 1, 005 at the 2010 census. The CDP is a statistical
  • Vermont Route 11 abbreviated VT 11 is an east west state highway in Vermont United States. The western end of the highway is at Vermont Route 7A in
  • Baltimore Road to the Chester boundary line, then southerly along the Chester boundary line to the point of the beginning. - Vermont Statutes, Title 17
  • The Chester Village Historic District encompasses the historic southern portion of the main village of Chester Vermont Essentially a linear stretch
  • Forest covers 108 acres 0.44 km2 in Chester in Windham County, Vermont The forest is managed by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation
  • now called the Connecticut River Line. Hugh H. Henry 1814 - 1869 of Chester Vermont was an original incorporator, and was chosen as its first president
  • the 4.37 - mile 7.03 km long road is at Vermont Route 103 in Chester and the eastern terminus is at Vermont Route 106 in Springfield. VT 10 begins at
  • Chester Springs, Pennsylvania Chester Township disambiguation Chester - Chester Depot, Vermont New Chester Wisconsin Port Chester New York Chester horse
  • 1781 - 1831 He was raised in Chester Vermont where his father owned a successful farm. Henry attended the public schools of Chester and graduated from Dartmouth
  • 1761. He was ordained as a Baptist minister in 1785 and settled in Chester Vermont in 1786. Leland was a successful pastor and preacher, building up