ⓘ St Alphege London Wall

                                     

ⓘ St Alphege London Wall

St Alphege or St Alphage London Wall was a church in Bassishaw Ward in the City of London, built directly upon London Wall. It was also known as St Alphege Cripplegate, from its proximity to Cripplegate. It is now operated as St Alphege Gardens.

                                     
  • of Nicholas Hawksmoor. The church is dedicated to Alfege also spelt Alphege Archbishop of Canterbury, and reputedly marks the place where he was
  • Maurice Sanders Associates. It was named after Saint Alphege and the church of St Alphage London Wall whose ruins stand below where the building stood.
  • originally built in 1532 adjacent to a remaining section of the London Wall Alphege 954 1012 sometimes spelled as Alphage or Ælfheah Archbishop
  • then transferred to St Alphege s Church, Solihull by Rev Charles Curtis who was Rector of St Martin s and Rector of St Alphege Solihull. In 1822 a
  • of St Catherine of Alexandria. Next to it is a larger panel from about 1450 which is a representation of St Alphege circa AD 953 1012 Alphege started
  • Licence was issued for the marriage of William Newman, Carver, of St Alphege London Wall then a bachelor aged about 30, to Anne Machell of Cobham, Surrey
  • Scandal at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. 24 July: Rebuilt church of St Alphege London Wall opens. Hans Place is laid out in Knightsbridge. 1778 1 November:
  • commonly thought to have derived from the position of its parish church, St Alphege on a soily hill. The church was built on a hill of stiff red marl
  • 2 Oakwood 2 Palmers Green 2 Ponders End 2 Raglan 2 St Alphege 2 St Marks 2 St Peters 2 Southbury 2 Southgate Green 2 Town 2 Trent