ⓘ St. Pauls, North Carolina

                                     

ⓘ St. Pauls, North Carolina

The town of St. Pauls was built up around St. Pauls Presbyterian Church which was built on land donated in 1799 by William Davis. St. Pauls grew slowly from a town of just the church, Davis home, a post office and livery stable. The livery was built at the 16-mile post on the Fayetteville to Lumberton stage coach road. Growth began in earnest following the construction of the Robeson Institute, a co-educational school that served the children of northern Robeson County.

The construction of the Virginia and Carolina southern railroad through St. Pauls helped establish the community as a leading textile manufacturer. Was built in the early 20th century, three cotton. The mill has experienced periods of success and failure, before you take control of the Corporation Burlington mills in 1943. Almost all the factories closed in the 1990-ies, the textile industry moved from the American South to Latin America and Southeast Asia.

Gilmore-Patterson farm, and Kenneth McKinnon house is listed on the national register of historic places.