ⓘ Creedmoor, North Carolina

                                     

ⓘ Creedmoor, North Carolina

In 1885, a group of 25 taxpayers of Granville County, including Civil War Confederate veteran Robert Fleming, appeared before the Board of Commissioners for the County of Granville with a petition from the Dutchville Township. The petition made a proposition to subscribe ten thousand dollars to the capital stock of the Oxford and Clarksville Railroad Company. Under the provisions of the act of the General Assembly of North Carolina which was entitled "An Act to Incorporate", the Oxford and Clarksville Railroad Company was notified on 28 February 1885. The proposal was thereby approved under the provisions of the General Assembly of North Carolina. As a result, it was ordered that the election of subscribing the said sum of ten thousand dollars to the capital stock of the said railroad company be submitted to the qualified voters of the Dutchville Township and that an election be held in the said township at the proper voting place therein on 8 October 1887.

Over the next few years, Creedmoor served as a railroad depot between the Clarksville and Oxford railroad and the role and the railroad Gaston. In 1886, Thomas B. Lyon applied to the postal Department for a post office is located in Creedmoor. Request Lyons was granted on 10 APR 1886. John Harmon was appointed the first postmaster. In September of the same year, Samuel C. Lyon, son of Thomas B. Lyon, was appointed postmaster.

In 1888 Lyon sold part of his land in Durham and Northern railway on the way to run through the city. Tying how serious this is Henderson, and Durham was one of the main reasons for the growth of the city. Signora the old train depot still stands in its place on elm street, making it more than 120 years. Also previously located on elm street was the original First Baptist Church in Creedmoor was built in 1895. The current Church building since 1950, stands on the main street. Lions body is entombed on the grounds of the original cemetery for the Church, while Robert Flemings body is entombed in a small family plot on Fleming street, road, named for the founder, adjacent to elm street.

Creedmoor was founded in 1905, previously was known as the "Creedmore". The first mayor was Joseph L. peed 1859-1936. On the street Joe peed road located on South US-15 leaving the city named in his honor. The first commissioners were J. F. Sanderford, Isaac Bullock, S. C. Lyon, and Claude garner. In 1917, electricity came to Creedmoor when G. N. the dove and F. J. Mcduffie flicked a switch at its factory in Railway street.

Although the city is rich in history and home to four buildings in the national register of historic places, it is not the name of a historical district unlike nearby Oxford and Wake forest.

                                     
  • Creedmoor may refer to: Places Creedmore Mountain Lake Park, Maryland listed on the NRHP in Maryland Creedmoor North Carolina Creedmoor Texas Other
  • Roxboro. North Carolina Highway 13 1934 1935 Short lived second incarnation running between Raleigh and Creedmoor North Carolina Highway 13 1935 1951
  • Bank Building is a historic bank building located at Creedmoor Granville County, North Carolina It was built in 1912, and is a two - story, Beaux Arts
  • state of North Carolina. It traverses north south, from Topsail Beach to Creedmoor connecting the cities of Warsaw, Newton Grove, Benson, and Raleigh. From
  • a high school in Creedmoor North Carolina and is part of the Granville County Schools system. Located in Creedmoor North Carolina in the county of
  • Butner to NC 58 north of Castalia. The route connects several major towns in both Granville and Franklin Counties including Creedmoor Franklinton and
  • Christian radio format. Licensed to Creedmoor North Carolina United States, the station serves the Raleigh, North Carolina area. The station is owned by Truth
  • the towns of Butner, Creedmoor and Stem, as well as Southern Granville, Northern Wake and Northern Durham counties in North Carolina The newspaper is printed
  • County is a county located on the northern border of the U.S. state of North Carolina As of the 2010 Census, the population was 59, 916. Its county seat is
  • exit 186A, where it goes first to Creedmoor then on into Oxford. After going through downtown Oxford, it continues north near Mayo Lake, to Clarksville
  • Cedar Creek Gallery is a fine craft gallery located in Creedmoor North Carolina Craftspeople work alongside each other, fire wood and gas fired kilns
  • township is bounded by the border with Durham County, Old Creedmoor Rd, Baileywick Rd, Creedmoor Rd, Strickland Rd, Falls of Neuse Rd, the Neuse River, and
  • Cannady Brogden Farm is a historic home and farm located near Creedmoor Wake County, North Carolina Built in 1904, the house is an example of a Queen Anne