ⓘ History of Lima
The history of Lima, the capital of Peru, began with its foundation by Francisco Pizarro on January 18, 1535. The city was established on the valley of the Rimac River in an area populated by the Ichma polity. It became the capital of the Viceroyalty of Peru and site of a Real Audiencia in 1543. In the 17th century, the city prospered as the center of an extensive trade network despite damage from earthquakes and the threat of pirates. However, prosperity came to an end in the 18th century due to an economic downturn and the Bourbon Reforms.
The population of Lima played an ambivalent role in 1821-1824 Peruvian war of independence, the city suffered exactions from royalist and Patriot armies. After independence, Lima became the capital of the Republic of Peru. He experienced a short period of prosperity in the mid-19th century until the 1879-1883 war of the Pacific when it was occupied and looted by Chilean troops. After the war, the city experienced a period of demographic expansion and urban renewal. Population growth accelerated in the 1940-ies, caused by immigration from the Andean regions of Peru. This has led to the rapid growth of slums, public services are unable to keep with the expansion of the city.
- The Natural History Museum Museo de Historia Natural in Lima is Peru s most important museum of natural history It was established in 1918 and belongs
- Lima ˈlaɪmə LY - mə is a city in and the county seat of Allen County, Ohio, United States. The municipality is located in northwestern Ohio along Interstate
- following is a timeline of the history of the city of Lima Peru. 1535 Ciudad de los Reyes founded by Francisco Pizarro. Cathedral of Lima construction begins
- Cercado de Lima and Rimac areas, the Historic Centre of Lima is among the most important tourist destinations in Peru. The city of Lima the capital of Peru
- Rose of Lima 20 April 1586 24 August 1617 was a member of the Third Order of Saint Dominic in Lima Peru, who became known for both her life of severe
- The 1746 Lima Callao earthquake occurred at 22: 30 local time on 28 October with a moment magnitude of 8.6 8.8 and a maximum Mercalli intensity of XI Extreme
- The Treasure of Lima is a buried treasure reputedly removed from Lima Peru, in 1820 and never recovered. It is estimated to be worth up to 160 million
- Museum of The Barefoot Museo Pedro de Osma Museum of Italian Art Museum of the Nation Museo de la Nacion Museum of Natural History Lima Museo de
- Bolivar in the Pueblo Libre district of Lima The museum houses more than 100, 000 artifacts spanning the entire history of human occupation in what is now
- Lima Province is located in the central coast of Peru and is the only province in the country not belonging to any of the twenty - five regions. Its capital