Dopexamine is a synthetic analogue of dopamine that is administered intravenously in hospitals to reduce exacerbations of heart failure and to treat heart failure following cardiac surgery. It is not used often, as more established drugs like epinephrine, dopamine, dobutamine, norepinephrine, and levosimendan work as well. It works by stimulating beta-2 adrenergic receptors and peripheral dopamine receptor D1 and dopamine receptor D2. It also inhibits of neuronal re-uptake of norepinephrine
The most common side effects include fast heart beats and nausea.
It was discovered by scientists at Fisons, who has registered at Ipsen in 1993, and Ipsen, in turn, licensed to Elan in 1999. Ipsen license rights in North America and Japan in Circassia in 2008, the drug was never approved in these countries. Dopexamine has gone off-patent in 2010.
- The molecular formula C22H32N2O2 may refer to: Dopexamine U - 69, 593
- failure, bradyarrhythmias Selected examples are: Denopamine Dobutamine Dopexamine β1 and β2 Epinephrine non - selective Isoprenaline INN isoproterenol
- Sympathomimetics Epinephrine Noradrenaline Phenylephrine Dobutamine Dopamine Dopexamine Ephedrine Midodrine Amezinium Metaraminol Vasopressin Angiotensinamide
- PMID 19077686. Martin SW, Broadley KJ May 1995 Renal vasodilatation by dopexamine and fenoldopam due to alpha 1 - adrenoceptor blockade Br. J. Pharmacol
- Dope Cannabis, cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine, depending on region dopexamine INN Dopram dopropidil INN doqualast INN Doral. Redirects to Quazepam
- Calcium Calcium sensitisers Levosimendan Catecholamines Dopamine Dobutamine Dopexamine Epinephrine adrenaline Isoprenaline isoproterenol Norepinephrine noradrenaline
- C01CA11 Mephentermine C01CA12 Dimetofrine C01CA13 Prenalterol C01CA14 Dopexamine C01CA15 Gepefrine C01CA16 Ibopamine C01CA17 Midodrine C01CA18 Octopamine
- Cimaterol Clenbuterol Denopamine Deterenol Dipivefrine Dobutamine Dopamine Dopexamine Ephedrine Epinephrine adrenaline Etafedrine Etilefrine Ethylnorepinephrine
- Phenethylamines: BCO - 001 Deoxyepinephrine N - methyldopamine, epinine Dopexamine Etilevodopa Ibopamine L - DOPA levodopa Melevodopa L - Phenylalanine L - Tyrosine
- Clenbuterol Colterol Corbadrine Denopamine Dipivefrine Dobutamine Dopamine Dopexamine Droxidopa L - DOPS Ephedrine Epinephrine Etafedrine Etilefrine Etilevodopa