★ BMW M1
BMW M1 is a mid-engined sports car produced by German automaker BMW between 1978 and 1981.
In the late 1970-ies, the Italian car manufacturer Lamborghini entered into an agreement with BMW will build a plant for production racing car in sufficient quantity for homologation, but conflicts arose that prompted BMW to produce the car. As a result, the car was sold to the public, from 1978 to 1981, as the BMW M1.
This is the first mid-engined BMW car for mass production, the second-from i8 hybrid sports car.
1.1. Overview. The engine and transmission. (Двигатель и трансмиссия)
BMW M1 is the first car to be exclusively developed by BMW M and uses 3.453 CC, 3.5 l М88 / 1 six-cylinder petrol engine with Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection, Bosch and Magneti-Marelli ignition system. The engine was designed by Paul rosche, who was also responsible for the S14 inline 4 engine and S70 / 2 V12 engine. Later this engine was used in the South African version of the 745i, of which 209 examples were built between 1984 and 1986, and E24 M6 / M635CSi and E28 M5. The engine has six individual throttle valves, twin Cams,4 valves per cylinder, and generates a power output of 277 HP 204 kW; 273 HP at 6.500 rpm and 330 nm 243 lbf⋅ft of torque at 5.000 rpm in a road version, which makes the machine a maximum speed of 260 km / h 162 km / h. the Engine is mated with 5-speed manual transmission made by ZF Friedrichshafen with 40% lock limited slip differential.
1.2. Overview. Steering, suspension and brakes. (Рулевое управление, подвеска и тормоза)
M1 has independent rack and pinion steering, double wishbone suspension with adjustable springs and Bilstein gas-filled shock absorbers. On the way the car had softer suspension bushings to have the best ride quality and compliancy.
Ventilated car brake is measured 300 mm 11.8 in front and 297mm 11.7 in rear and was constructed of steel. The M1 used special Campagnolo aluminium wheel size 7x16 inches on the front and 8x16 cm in the rear equipped with Pirelli P7 tires, size 205 / 55 VR15 front and 225 / 50 VR15s on the rear panel.
1.3. Overview. Interior. (Интерьер)
M1 has a half leather and half cloth interior. Its roots in motor racing means that the car had a basic interior layout with many details obtained from other BMW models. The interior was services, such as air conditioning, electric Windows and stereo system, but with the seat adjustment and only left hand drive configuration.
1.4. Overview. Production. (Производство)
Fiber glass body of the M1 was manufactured by the Italian company Italina resin, which was located in Modena, Italy. The chassis was made of Modenese firm, Marchesi. The car body was completed Studio Italdesign to its plant in Turin, along with the interior.
Then, partially finished cars were delivered in the German specialist manufacturer of Baur, where final Assembly took place manually. Manual Assembly М88 / 1 engines supplied by BMW from Munich to be installed in cars. The completed car was sent to BMW Motorsport in Munich for final inspection and delivery. Was built, making it one of the rarest models only 453 BMW production cars. Of the 453, 399 units were going on the road, and 53 were made for Motorsport.
1.5. Overview. Awards. (Награды)
The M1 had various successes in motorsports. In 2004, sports car international put the car at number ten in the list of top sports cars of the 1970-ies.
1.6. Overview. Note
Not M1 related to the BMW 1 series is a compact Executive car that began production in the 2004 model year, and it has nothing to do with the BMW 1 series M coupe, which was launched in 2010 and is a high performance variant of the 1 series.
2. Motorsport. (Мотоспорт)
In 1979 the head BMW Motorsport, Jochen Neerpasch, devised a one-make championship using racing modified M1. The series was created to help BMW in building enough cars to enter the group 4 classification in the world championship for makes. A new series, known as the "Procar BMW M1 championship", served as a support series to the Formula One, and included many formula one drivers in identical cars.
The series ran for two years, with Niki Lauda winning the 1979 season, and Nelson Piquet the 1980 season. After BMW standards group 4, the procars were used by various teams at the world Cup and other national series.
M1 also campaigned at the 24 hours of Le Mans from 1981 to 1986, where he was low.
The M1 Pro car has also been converted to US spec by BMW France to the 1982 season. The car was campaigned for the 1983 season, and before the car was put solely on the team Motul private racers for the season 1984. In 1984 the season was the most successful for M1 as a former ERC champion Bernard Begen won back to back in the rally De La Baule and Rallye de Lauren this season, and even claimed outright cher podium on rally Antibes four months later. The vehicle was not further agitated after 1984.
3.1. The anniversary car and a spiritual successor to the. The concept of a tribute to the M1. (Понятие дань М1)
In April 2008, BMW unveiled the M1 homage concept, in honor of the 30th anniversary of the M1. The concept vehicle uses a mid-engine layout, which borrows cues from both the original M1 and the BMW Turbo show car.
The M1 homage concept was first shown to the public on dEleganza Villa deste Concorso 2008. The design was written by Giorgetto Giugiaro who got his idea from the BMW Turbo concept, designed field Bracq. The BMW turbo was a lot of technical and cutting-edge innovations from BMW that was part of the inspiration of the concept M1 homage. The front of the car is different from other parts of the car. The front sports double head lights that do not coincide with the pop-up type that are on the original M1, but the usual trademark grille is present. The M1 also includes a double badge on the back of the car as the original M1. No photos of the interior of the car or the car in action, nor in the specification of the car was released as the car was intended only to implement the design.
3.2. The anniversary car and a spiritual successor to the. The vision concept is equipped with EfficientDynamics and BMW I8. (Концепция Vision оборудован EfficientDynamics оснащен и БМВ И8)
After the M1, BMW developed some mid-engine concept cars, but none of them inspired a production car until 2013, when the concept vision EfficientDynamics features led to the production i8. The BMW i8 is based on the vision EfficientDynamics concept, which is a range-extender electric vehicle with three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. The production car was designed by Benoit Jacob. Series production of customer vehicles began in April 2014. This is also the first production mid-engined BMW M1 car.
3.3. The anniversary car and a spiritual successor to the. Vision the following concepts m. (Видение следующих понятий)
The vision ms Plug-in hybrid concept sports car that was introduced in June 2019. Design partially inspired from the M1, such as blinds rear window and BMW roundels, which is located inside the taillight. It is powered by an electric drive system PHEV, which offers a choice between four-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive or with an electric thrust or power with a turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine. Total system output is claimed to 441 kW 591 HP, 600 PS. He also claimed, from 0 to 100 km / h 62 mph acceleration Time of 3 seconds and a top speed of 300 km / h 186 mph. The maximum range when driving in all-electric mode, as stated, 100 km 62 Mi.
- Series. The BMW M1 Procar Championship, sometimes known simply as Procar, was a one - make auto racing series created by Jochen Neerpasch, head of BMW Motorsport
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
- Wayback Machine BMW 3 Series Sedan by Andy Reiben The BMW Art Car Collection. Retrieved June 20, 2013. Patton, Phil 2011 - 05 - 09 BMW M1 Painted by Frank
- range, which was powered by the M 88 3 DOHC straight - six engine which was a modified version of the engine used in the BMW M1 supercar In most countries
- 7 cu in The M 88 was the original iteration of the engine and was fitted to the BMW M1 It produced 200 kW 272 PS 268 hp at 6, 500 rpm and 330 N m 243 lbf ft
- While BMW naming convention would have called the car the M1 the name BMW 1 Series M was used instead, to avoid confusion with the original BMW M1 At
- by the BMW M1 Homage concept car, which in turn pays homage to BMW s last production mid - engined sports car prior to the i8: the BMW M1 BMW will cease
- models that BMW Motorsport created for the South African market were the E23 M 745i 1983 which used the M 88 engine from the BMW M1 the BMW 333i 1986
- The BMW M 5 is a high performance variant of the BMW 5 Series marketed under the BMW M sub - brand. It is considered an iconic vehicle in the sports sedan
- In 1979 and 1980, BMW provided a fleet of identical M1 cars for Formula One and other professional drivers to race in the BMW M1 Procar Championship
- The BMW M 3 is a high - performance version of the BMW 3 Series, developed by BMW s in - house motorsport division, BMW M GmbH. M 3 models have been produced
- The BMW M 4 is a high - performance version of the BMW 4 Series automobile developed by BMW s motorsport division, BMW M GmbH. Part of the renumbering that
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The BMW M 30 is a SOHC straight - six petrol engine which was produced from 1968 to 1994. With a production run of 22 years, it is BMW s longest produced
- The BMW M Coupe and BMW M Roadster are high performance models of the BMW Z3 and BMW Z4 coupes roadsters produced by BMW M The first generation was based
- 1978 BMW M1 was BMW s first mid - engined sports car and was developed in conjunction with Lamborghini. It was also the first road car produced by BMW s motorsport
- BMW cars have been officially sold in the United States since 1956 and manufactured in the United States since 1994. The first BMW dealership in the United
- BMW Motorrad is the motorcycle brand of the German company BMW part of its Corporate and Brand Development division. It has produced motorcycles since
- The BMW M 12 13 turbo 1500 cc 4 - cylinder turbocharged Formula One engine, based on the standard BMW M 10 engine introduced in 1961, powered the F 1 cars of
- 1 650 M 535i cars were produced. Features include front and rear spoilers, sports suspension, Recaro sport seats, the steering wheel from the BMW M1
- The BMW M 54 is a naturally aspirated straight - 6 petrol engine which was produced from 2000 to 2006. It was released in the E53 X5 and is the replacement
- The second generation of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW F20 5 - door hatchback version and BMW F21 3 - door hatchback version compact cars. The
- The first generation of the BMW 2 Series consists of the BMW F22 coupe version and BMW F23 convertible version subcompact executive cars. The F22 F23
- The BMW X6 is a mid - size luxury crossover by German automaker BMW The first generation E71 was released for sale in April 2008 for the 2008 model year
- 2018. Site - Mechanics. 2008 BMW GINA - Concepts www.carstyling.ru. Retrieved 11 January 2018. Site - Mechanics. 2008 BMW M1 Hommage - Concepts www.carstyling
- The BMW i is a sub - brand of BMW founded in 2011 to design and manufacture plug - in electric vehicles. The company s initial plans call for the release
- The BMW M 10 is an SOHC four - cylinder petrol engine which was produced from 1962 - 1988. It was BMW s first four - cylinder engine since the BMW 309 ended
- The BMW 5 Series is an executive car manufactured by BMW since 1972. It is the successor to the New Class Sedans and is currently in its seventh generation
- further developed as the BMW VII and BMW IX, although these saw considerably less use. It was also produced in the Soviet Union as the M - 17 and Japan as the
- The BMW 303 was a small family saloon produced by BMW in 1933 and 1934. It was the first BMW motor car with a six - cylinder engine and the first BMW motor
Users also searched:
bmw m1 2014, bmw m1 2016, bmw m1 2017, bmw m1 2018, bmw m1 2019, bmw m1 coupe, bmw m1 interior, bmw m1 procar, bmw m, procar, interior, coupe, bmw m procar, bmw ms, bmws, bmw m coupe, bmw m interior, bmw m1, bmw m1 2017, bmw m1 2014, bmw m1 2016, bmw m1 2018, bmw m1 procar, bmw m1 coupe, bmw m1 2019, bmw m1 interior, bmw m1s,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →