ⓘ Phillipston, Massachusetts

                                     

ⓘ Phillipston, Massachusetts

Phillipston was first settled in 1751, and incorporated as the town of Gerry on October 20, 1786, after separating from Templeton. It was named after Elbridge Gerry. The towns name was changed from Gerry to Phillipston on February 5, 1814, after lieutenant governor William Phillips, Jr.

                                     
  • Phillipston Center Historic District encompasses the historic village center of Phillipston Massachusetts The town was first settled in 1751 on land
  • the junction of Searles Hill Road and Old Queen Lake Road in Phillipston Massachusetts Established in 1777 on land donated by an early settler for the
  • Elliott Laurel is a 33 - acre 13 ha open space preserve located in Phillipston Massachusetts The property, notable for its extensive stands of mountain laurel
  • school serving students from the towns of Templeton, Massachusetts and Phillipston Massachusetts The principal is Mandy H. Vasil. Vasil, previously principal
  • again. The route passes through the far northern portion of neighboring Phillipston before entering Royalston. In Royalston, the route winds slowly through
  • wildlife management areas and south of Queen Lake as it passes through Phillipston In Templeton, the route joins Route 2A, passing concurrently with that
  • of Western Sydney University Phillips Free Public Library in Phillipston Massachusetts Phillips Memorial Library, a building on the campus of Providence
  • School, a regional public high school serving the towns of Templeton and Phillipston According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area
  • Athol, Fitchburg, Gardner, Harvard, Lancaster, Leominster, Lunenburg, Phillipston Royalston, Templeton, Westminster, and Winchendon. National Register
  • Harvard state Forest, the Popple Camp Wildlife Management Area, and the Phillipston Wildlife Management Area, the latter three extending into neighboring
  • Dana, Hardwick, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Oakham, Petersham, Phillipston Royalston, Warren, and West Brookfield. During this decade, the district
  • truncated to Belchertown after the creation of the Quabbin Reservoir. From Phillipston through Westminster, Route 2A weaves around its parent route, crossing