ⓘ Rochester, Massachusetts

                                     

ⓘ Rochester, Massachusetts

Rochester was settled in 1679 on the lands called "Sippican" by the local Wampanoags, along the coast of Buzzards Bay. Sippican was the name of the local tribe. It originally included the lands of Mattapoisett, Marion and parts of Wareham which was lost when Wareham was founded in 1739. The town was officially incorporated on June 4, 1686 as Rochester, and was named for Rochester, England, from which early settlers to the town came. The town originally thrived with the early shipbuilding and whaling trade in Mattapoisett Harbor. However, in 1852 and 1857 the towns of Marion and Mattapoisett, respectively, were separated and incorporated as separate towns, thus landlocking Rochester. Since that time, the town has become mostly rural-residential, with some farms located in town. Rochester is a "Right to Farm" community.

                                     
  • also known as Leonard s Pond, is a 54 - acre 220, 000 m2 pond in Rochester Massachusetts The pond is located west of Mary s Pond. The confluence of the
  • Long Pond is a 33 - acre 130, 000 m2 pond in Rochester Massachusetts The pond is connected to Snipatuit Pond, where its outflow goes. The water quality
  • Northumberland Rochester Illinois Rochester Indiana Rochester Iowa Rochester Kentucky Rochester Massachusetts Rochester Michigan Rochester Minnesota
  • Rochester Indiana Rochester Community Unit School District 3A, Rochester Illinois Old Rochester Regional School District, Rochester Massachusetts Rochester
  • Route 105 is a state road in southeastern Massachusetts running from Marion to Halifax in a generally north - south direction. Route 105 begins at U.S
  • southeastern Massachusetts For all but its final 0.4 miles 0.64 km the route lies within Plymouth County. Route 58 begins at Route 28 on the Rochester Wareham
  • The East Rochester Church and Cemetery Historic District is a historic district at 355 County Road in Rochester Massachusetts It encompasses the East
  • North Rochester Congregational Church is a historic Congregational church at 247 North Avenue in Rochester Massachusetts Built in 1841 for a congregation
  • Tri - town area of Marion, Massachusetts Mattapoisett, Massachusetts and Rochester Massachusetts in southeastern Massachusetts The Wanderer is published
  • known as Marys Pond, is an 81 - acre 330, 000 m2 kettle pond in Rochester Massachusetts The pond is located east of Leonards Pond. The average depth is
  • of Massachusetts and New Hampshire during his brief term. Incorporated in 1722, it was named for his close friend, Laurence Hyde, Earl of Rochester and
  • or pond within the towns of Lakeville, Middleboro, and Rochester in southeastern Massachusetts It shares its waters with Pocksha Pond and possibly nearby