ⓘ Hodgdon, Maine

                                     

ⓘ Hodgdon, Maine

Hodgdon was incorporated in 1821. It was named for John Hodgdon, an early proprietor originally from Weare, New Hampshire. The town was settled by many Irish immigrants who fell victim of the Great Famine of Ireland from 1845 to 1852. Hodgdon is located on the Canadian border in Southern Aroostook County and is known for its scenic views and vast farmland. A substantial portion of the Lt. Gordon Manuel Wildlife Management Area, on the South Branch Meduxnekeag River, lies in the southwestern portion of the town in the Hodgdon Mills Village.