ⓘ Lewisburg, Kentucky

                                     

ⓘ Lewisburg, Kentucky

The local post office was established at a nearby stage coach stop in 1852 under the name Henrysville in honor of the local postmasters family name.

In 1872, Lewisburg was surveyed, platted, and founded the Owensboro and Nashville railroad to serve as a depot on the line. He was named for Eugene C. Lewis, chief engineer of the lines. In 1877 the Post was moved to a new community and changed its name. The city was officially incorporated in the state Assembly next year.