ⓘ Blockton, Iowa

                                     

ⓘ Blockton, Iowa

Blockton was founded by the Mormons in 1861, and it was originally known as Mormontown. After the Mormons left the area, the Chicago Great Western Railway was built through the town and it was renamed Blockton in honor of W. T. Block, a railroad official.

                                     
  • in Creston. In the early 1930s, it was extended south to Blockton by absorbing all of Iowa 184. By the end of the 1930s, the highway reached the Missouri
  • state of Iowa Stroburg was born in Blockton Iowa He attended Northwest Missouri State University and is a farmer. He served in the Iowa House of Representatives
  • Noted Roads Changed Blockton News. Blockton Iowa August 19, 1926. p. 2. Retrieved January 12, 2018 via Newspaperarchive.com. Iowa State Highway Commission
  • created. The section of Iowa Highway 25 Iowa 25 from Iowa 2 to Blockton was removed on July 1, 1980. Iowa Highway 27 Iowa 27 was a 6.8 - mile - long 10
  • in Bedford, Iowa It is mostly in Taylor County with portions in Ringgold and Page counties. Communities served include Bedford, Blockton Conway, Gravity
  • Platte Counties in Missouri. Along its course it passes the Iowa towns of Maloy, Blockton and Athelstan and the Missouri towns of Sheridan, Parnell
  • A majority of the student population comes from the towns of Bedford, Blockton Gravity, Conway, and New Market while some students open enroll from neighboring
  • 10 of those under age 18 and 15.20 of those age 65 or over. Bedford Blockton Clearfield partially Conway Gravity Lenox partially New Market Sharpsburg
  • state of Iowa are owned and maintained by the Iowa Department of Transportation. 2012 Volume of Traffic on the Primary Road System of Iowa PDF Report