ⓘ History of Lancashire

                                     

ⓘ History of Lancashire

Lancashire is a county of England, in the northwest of the country. The county did not exist in 1086, for the Domesday Book, and was apparently first created in 1182, making it one of the youngest of the traditional counties.

Historic County consisted of two separate parts. The main part runs along the North-West coast of England. When it is enabled Manchester and Liverpool he had the greatest length of 76 kilometers and a width of 45 kilometers, and the area 1.208.154 acres. Separate Northern part of the old County Palatine, consisting of Furness and Cartmell was a length of 25 km and 23 km in width and was separated from the main part of Lancashire on Morecambe Bay and Kendal district, Westmoreland. The highest point in the historic County of 2.633 803 meters feet the old man of Coniston.

As a County Palatine, the Duke of Lancaster was right of sovereignty in the field of justice and administration in the district. However, the third person to hold the title, Henry Bolingbroke seized the English throne in 1399 became Henry IV, and both the Duchy and the Palatinate was the property of the crown, administered separately but sequentially with the rest of the country. In the later part of the 19th century brought great reform to the greater part of the countys independent judiciary are United in national courts and the new administrative area and a network of city-County is formed. Since then Lancashire County Council has been seated in County Hall in Preston.

In 1974, the administrative County was abolished and a new ceremonial counties created by the territory around the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, forming large portions of greater Manchester and Merseyside section to the North of Morecambe Bay is now Westmoreland in modern Cumbria. However, the new Lancashire gained control of the forest of Bowland and West Craven areas under the control of the West Yorkshire.

Throughout all these changes, the historic Lancashire still continues to be recognized as a geographical and cultural space of the British government. The historical boundaries of the district also recognized more and strong with Lancaster still was not recognized as a County town. Traditional boundaries are still followed by organizations such as Lancashire England.

High sheriffs of Lancashire, greater Manchester and Merseyside is still appointed by the Queen in right of the Duchy. The Duchy also benefits from the legal concept of the emergence of vacant property within the County Palatine, in which he has the right of ownership of which the right holder cannot be found. Revenues are divided between two registered charities, the Duchy of Lancaster charitable Foundation and the Duchy of Lancaster Jubilee trust.

The emblem of the historic County of Lancashire-the Red rose of the English Royal house of Lancaster, and in 2008 the flag of Lancashire was recognized by the Institute flag. November 27, the Day of Lancashire celebrates the culture of the historic County, from its history to its own dialect.