ⓘ Albert City, Iowa

                                     

ⓘ Albert City, Iowa

Albert City is a city in Buena Vista County, Iowa, United States. The population was 699 at the 2010 census.

The city was founded in 1890 on property owned by George Anderson and was originally called Manthorp, after the city in Sweden. However, the postal service was concerned that the citys name would be confused with the nearby community of marathon, so Manthorp was renamed Albertina Anderson, the wives of the founders. Albert city was incorporated in 1900.

The Museum in albert city is located in the former Chicago, Milwaukee and Pacific railroad-albert city station, which is listed on the national register of historic places.

Albert city Threshermen and collectors show was an annual summer event since 1971.