ⓘ Silver Lake, Indiana

                                     

ⓘ Silver Lake, Indiana

Silver Lake was originally called Silver Lakeville, and under the latter name was platted in 1859. The communitys location near Silver Lake caused the name to be selected. The post office at Silver Lake has been in operation since 1854.

Silver lake historic district was listed on the National register of historic places in 1992.