ⓘ Colt Paterson
The Colt Paterson is a revolver. It was the first commercial repeating firearm employing a revolving cylinder with multiple chambers aligned with a single, stationary barrel. Its design was patented by Samuel Colt on February 25, 1836, in the United States, France, and England, and it derived its name from being produced in Paterson, New Jersey. Initially this 5-shot revolver was produced in.28 caliber, with a.36 caliber model following a year later. As originally designed and produced, no loading lever was included with the revolver, a user had to partially disassemble the revolver to re-load it. Starting in 1839, however, a reloading lever and a capping window were incorporated into the design, allowing reloading without disassembly. This loading lever and capping window design change was also incorporated after the fact into most Colt Paterson revolvers that had been produced from 1836 until 1839. Unlike later revolvers, a folding trigger was incorporated into the Colt Paterson. The trigger became visible only upon cocking the hammer.
Subsequent patent renewal in 1849 and aggressive claims with violations and gave the Colt a domestic monopoly on revolver development until the middle 1850s years.
- Africa Paterson Street, Hong Kong Paterson film a 2016 film Paterson automobile Paterson poem by American poet William Carlos Williams Colt Paterson
- was the first firearm manufactured by Samuel Colt developed shortly before the advent of the Colt Paterson revolver. The First Model was succeeded by the
- earlier Colt Paterson Revolver, but this was Colt s first major success in the gun trade the naval theme of the engraved cylinder of the Colt 1851 Navy
- 1817 1847 and American firearms inventor Samuel Colt 1814 62 building upon the earlier Colt Paterson design. Walker wanted a handgun that was extremely
- Samuel Colt koʊlt July 19, 1814 January 10, 1862 was an American inventor, industrialist, businessman and hunter. He initiated Colt s Patent Fire - Arms
- March, 1836, Colt formed the Patent Arms Company and began operation in an unused silk mill along the banks of the Passaic River in Paterson New Jersey
- model s patent. Colt Paterson 1836 Colt Walker 1847 Colt Dragoon 1848 Colt Model 1849 Pocket Revolver 1849 Colt 1851 Navy 1851 Colt 1855 Sidehammer
- with a Colt s Dragoon revolver. In the television adaptation, Gus is armed with a cartridge - converted Colt s Walker revolver. Colt Paterson Colt s Manufacturing
- the basis of Paterson s most prosperous period, earning it the nickname Silk City. In 1835 Samuel Colt began producing firearms in Paterson but within
- existence of the late 19th century. Paterson authored two novels An Outback Marriage 1906 and The Shearer s Colt 1936 wrote many short stories Three
- family of Colt Pocket Percussion Revolvers evolved from the earlier commercial revolvers marketed by the Patent Arms Manufacturing Company of Paterson N.J
- Paterson City Hall is located in Paterson Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. The building is located on a block in Downtown Paterson bordered