ⓘ Mannose receptor
The mannose receptor is a C-type lectin primarily present on the surface of macrophages, immature dendritic cells and liver sinusoidal endothelial cells, but is also expressed on the surface of skin cells such as human dermal fibroblasts and keratinocytes. It is the first member of a family of endocytic receptors that includes Endo180, M-type PLA2R, and DEC-205.
The receptor recognizes terminal mannose, N-acetylglucosamine and fucose residues on glycans joining proteins on the surface of some microorganisms that play a role in innate and adaptive immune systems. Additional functions include the clearance of glycoproteins from circulation, including sulfated glycoprotein hormones and glycoproteins that are produced in response to pathological events. The mannose receptor recycles continuously between the plasma membrane and endosomal compartments in a clathrin-dependent manner.
- Mannose receptor C - type 1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the MRC1 gene. The recognition of complex carbohydrate structures on glycoproteins
- mannose 6 - phosphate receptors MPRs are transmembrane glycoproteins that target enzymes to lysosomes in vertebrates. Mannose 6 - phosphate receptors bind
- biology, the cation - dependent mannose - 6 - phosphate receptor CD - MPR also known as the 46 kDa mannose 6 - phosphate receptor is a protein that in humans is
- Mannose packaged as the nutritional supplement d - mannose is a sugar monomer of the aldohexose series of carbohydrates. It is a C - 2 epimer of glucose
- domains. From this mannose family, collagen is specifically bound by mannose receptor M - phospholipase A2 receptor and Endo180 receptor Binding of collagen
- trans - Golgi network. There, the M6P moiety is recognized and bound by mannose 6 - phosphate receptor MPR proteins at pH 6.5 - 6.7. The M6P - tagged lysosomal enzymes
- characterization of the CLRs can be into mannose receptors and asialoglycoprotein receptors The mannose receptor MR is a PRR primarily present on the
- Insulin - like growth factor 2 receptor IGF2R also called the cation - independent mannose - 6 - phosphate receptor CI - MPR is a protein that in humans is
- Mannose - binding lectin MBL also called mannan - binding lectin or mannan - binding protein MBP is a lectin that is instrumental in innate immunity as
- cation - independent mannose - 6 - phosphate receptor mannose receptor of macrophages 180 Kd secretory phospholipase A2 receptor DEC - 205 receptor 72 Kd and 92
- of the receptor The ingestion mediated by the mannose receptor is distinct in molecular mechanisms from Fcγ receptor or complement receptor mediated