ⓘ Point Pleasant Park
Point Pleasant Park is a large, mainly forested municipal park at the southern tip of the Halifax peninsula. It once hosted several artillery batteries, and still contains the Prince of Wales Tower - the oldest Martello tower in North America. The park is a popular recreational spot for Haligonians, as it hosts forest walks and affords views across the harbour and out toward the Atlantic.
The plays are performed every summer in the Park professional theatre company called Shakespeare by the sea. The performances take place at Cambridge battery and include both Shakespearean plays and original musicals based on classic fairy tales for audiences of all ages. The company is also working with 80 seats theatre Park in the lower Parking lot of the Park, which is used as a place of rain in summer and fall / winter indoor plants.
Pleasant point Park is owned by the British government under the leadership of the Minister of the Department of canadian heritage and is leased to Halifax regional municipality for a ceremonial 1 shilling a year. The original land lease was signed, sir William young in 1866.
- SS Point Pleasant Park was a merchant steamship constructed for Canada s Merchant Navy in 1942 during the Second World War as part of Canada s Park ship
- Point Pleasant may refer to: In Canada Point Pleasant Park Halifax, Nova Scotia In England Point Pleasant Wallsend Tyne and Wear In the United States
- Point Pleasant is a city in and the county seat of Mason County, West Virginia, United States, at the confluence of the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers. The population
- Point Pleasant Beach is a train station located in Point Pleasant Beach, in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States, on NJ Transit s North Jersey Coast
- Point Pleasant is a borough in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough s population was 18, 392, down
- The Battle of Point Pleasant - known as the Battle of Kanawha in some older accounts - was the only major action of Dunmore s War. It was fought on October
- Point Pleasant Beach is a borough in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough s population was 4, 665
- Point Pleasant Borough High School is a four - year comprehensive community public high school located on Laura Herbert Drive in Point Pleasant in Ocean
- passes through Point Pleasant where it intersects State Route 232. Point Pleasant was platted in 1813. A post office called Point Pleasant that was established
- The Pleasant Point Museum and Railway is a heritage railway located in the small country town of Pleasant Point in southern Canterbury, New Zealand, inland
- Point Pleasant is an unincorporated community in Tinicum and Plumstead Townships of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. It lies on both sides of