ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 413

Guernsey, Iowa

Guernsey is located at 41°39′0″N 92°20′40″W 41.650087, -92.344498. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.18 square miles of 0.47 km2, all of it land.

Halbur, Iowa

Halbur was platted in 1881. It was named for Anton Halbur, an original owner of the town site. A post office has been in operation in Halbur since 1882.

Hamburg, Iowa

Hamburg is a city in Fremont County, Iowa, United States, that is the most southwestern city in Iowa hugging the borders of Missouri to the south and Nebraska to the west. It is situated between the Nishnabotna River and the Missouri River. The p ...

Hamilton, Iowa

Hamilton is located at 41°10′15″N 92°54′14″W 41.170926, -92.903948. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.54 square miles 1.40 km 2, all of it land.

Hancock, Iowa

Hancock had its start in the year 1880 by the building of the Rock Island Railroad through that territory. It was named for its founder, F. H. Hancock.

Hanlontown, Iowa

Hanlontown is a city in Worth County, Iowa, United States. The population was 226 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Mason City Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Harcourt, Iowa

Harcourt was platted in 1881. It was named for William Vernon Harcourt, a British statesman. A post office has been in operation in Harcourt since 1882.

Hardy, Iowa

Hardy is located at 42°48′37″N 94°3′6″W 42.810207, -94.051713. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.44 square miles of 1.14 km2, all of it land.

Harper, Iowa

Harpers longitude and latitude coordinates in decimal form are 41.3625116, -92.0510106. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.09 square miles 0.23 km 2, all of it land.

Harris, Iowa

Harris had its start in the year 1889 by the building of the Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern Railroad through that territory. It was named for one of its founders, A. W. Harris.

Hartford, Iowa

Hartford is a city in Warren County, Iowa, United States. The population was 771 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Des Moines–West Des Moines Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Hartley, Iowa

Hartley had its start about 1880 by the building of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway through that territory. Hartley was named for a railroad official, John Hartley.

Hartwick, Iowa

Hartwick is located at 41°47′7″N 92°20′39″W 41.785264, -92.344290. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.13 square miles, 0.34 km 2, all of it land.

Harvey, Iowa

Harvey is located at 41°18′56″N 92°55′32″W 41.315559, -92.925672. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.68 square miles 1.76 km 2, all of it land.

Havelock, Iowa

Havelock is located at 42°50′0″N 94°42′6″W 42.833367, -94.701762. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.57 square miles 1.48 km 2, all of it land.

Haverhill, Iowa

Haverhill had its start in the year 1882 by the building of the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railway through that territory. The residents had a festival called Haverhill Days, this festival consists of the celebration of the history of Haverh ...

Hawkeye, Iowa

Hawkeye is located at 42°56′17″N 91°57′4″W 42.938020, -91.951029. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.67 square miles 1.74 km 2, all of it land.

Hayesville, Iowa

Hayesville is located at 41°15′52″N 92°14′56″W 41.264570, -92.248880. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.25 square miles 0.65 km 2, all of it land.

Hedrick, Iowa

Hedrick was incorporated on April 23, 1883. It was named for General Hedrick. By 1991, several businesses in the main street closed communities, and the economy declined. The school serves the city closed this year.

Hepburn, Iowa

Hepburn was platted in 1873, and a post office was opened that same year. It is named for William Peter Hepburn of Clarinda, Iowa, a Civil War veteran Lt. Col., 2nd Regiment Iowa Volunteer Cavalry, and later a prominent Congressman and staunch po ...

Hills, Iowa

Hills is a city in Johnson County, Iowa, United States. It is part of the Iowa City, Iowa Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 703 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Iowa City Community School District.

Hillsboro, Iowa

Hillsboro or Hillsborough was originally called Washington, but the name was changed when it was discovered there was already a Washington in Iowa. Hillsboro was laid out in 1840.

Hinton, Iowa

Hinton is located at 42°37′30″N 96°17′39″W 42.625066, -96.294285. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.69 square miles of 1.79 km 2, all of it land.

Holland, Iowa

Holland is a city in Grundy County, Iowa, United States. The population was 282 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Waterloo–Cedar Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Holstein, Iowa

Holstein was founded in 1882. A large share of the early settlers being natives of Holstein, in Germany, caused the name to be selected. Holstein was incorporated as a city on April 25, 1883. The city celebrated its Quasquicentennial in June 2007 ...

Holy Cross, Iowa

Holy Cross is a city in Dubuque County, Iowa, United States. It is part of the Dubuque, Iowa Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 374 at the 2010 census, down from 399 at the 2000 census.

Houghton, Iowa

Houghton is a city in Lee County, Iowa, United States. The population was 146 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Fort Madison–Keokuk, IA-MO Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Hubbard, Iowa

Hubbard had its start in the year 1880 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named for Judge Nathaniel M. Hubbard, railroad attorney. Hubbard was registered on 1 Nov 1881.

Humeston, Iowa

According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.62 square miles 1.61 km 2, of which, 0.61 square miles 1.58 km 2 is land and 0.01 square miles 0.03 km 2 is water.

Huxley, Iowa

Huxley is a city in Story County, Iowa, United States. The population was 3.317 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Ames, Iowa Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is a part of the larger Ames-Boone, Iowa Combined Statistical Area.

Imogene, Iowa

Imogene is located at 40°52′43″N 95°25′40″W 40.878715, -95.427688. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.20 square miles of 0.52 km2, all of it land.

Inwood, Iowa

Inwoods longitude and latitude coordinates in decimal form are 43.308770, -96.432531. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.34 square miles 3.47 km 2, all of it land.

Ionia, Iowa

Ionia is located at 43°2′4″N 92°27′24″W 43.034493, -92.456606. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.55 square miles 1.42 km 2, all of it land.

Iowa Falls, Iowa

Iowa Falls is a city in Hardin County, Iowa, United States. Iowa Falls is the home of Ellsworth Community College. It is also a regional transportation center, located along U.S. Routes 20 and 65 and the Canadian National and Union Pacific Railro ...

Ireton, Iowa

Ireton was platted in 1882. It was named after Henry Ireton, who served under Oliver Cromwell during the English Civil War. A post office has been in operation in Ireton since 1882.

Irwin, Iowa

Irwin is located at 41°47′26″N 95°12′26″W 41.790449, -95.207341. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.60 square miles of 1.55 km2, all of it land.

Jackson Junction, Iowa

Jackson Junction is a city in Winneshiek County, Iowa, United States. The population was 58 at the 2010 census. It is the home of Turkey Valley Community School District, which serves the nearby communities of Waucoma, Lawler, Fort Atkinson, St. ...

Jesup, Iowa

Jesup is a city in Buchanan County and only partly in Black Hawk County in the U.S. state of Iowa. The population was 2.520 at the 2010 census. It was named for Morris Ketchum Jesup, president of the Dubuque and Sioux City Railroad. Black Hawk Co ...

Jewell Junction, Iowa

Jewell Junction was platted in 1880. It was named for D. T. Jewell, the original owner of the town site. A post office called Jewell has been in operation since 1880.

Joice, Iowa

Joice is a city in Worth County, Iowa, United States. The population was 222 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Mason City Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Jolley, Iowa

Jolley is located at 42°28′45″N 94°43′5″W 42.479239, -94.718127. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.12 square miles of 0.31 km2, all of it land.

Kamrar, Iowa

Kamrar was platted in 1881. The city was named in honor of Judge J. M. Kamrar, a promenint lawyer of the vicinity, who served as an officer of the Chicago & Northwestern Railway Company. J. M. Kamrar resided in Blue Earth, Minnesota in his final ...

Kellerton, Iowa

Kellerton is located at 40°42′37″N 94°3′0″W 40.710220, -94.050100. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.67 square miles 1.74 km 2, of which 0.66 square miles 1.71 km 2 is land and 0.01 square miles 0.03 km 2 water.

Kensett, Iowa

Kensett is a city in Worth County, Iowa, United States. The population was 266 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Mason City Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Keomah Village, Iowa

Keomah Village is a city in Mahaska County, Iowa, United States. The population was 84 at the 2010 census. Keomah Village is located adjacent to Lake Keomah State Park.

Keota, Iowa

Keota is derived from an Indian name meaning "gone to visit" or "the fire is gone out". Most of the historical city center keota was damaged by fire on 4 December 2010. Five buildings on East Broadway were badly damaged or destroyed.

Keystone, Iowa

Keystone is a city in Benton County, Iowa, United States. The population was 622 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Kimballton, Iowa

Kimballton was founded in 1883 when Hans Jensen Jorgensen opened a post office at the site. The town was officially established in 1888, and incorporated in 1908. The town is named for a railroad employee, Edward Kimball. There are eight sites in ...

Kirkman, Iowa

Kirkman had its start by the building of the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad through that territory. Kirkman was created by the Western town lot company in 1880, and established in 1892. The city was named after M. M. Kirkman, a railroad official ...

Kirkville, Iowa

Kirkville is located at 41°8′38″N 92°30′16″W 41.143995, -92.504520. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area size of 0.56 square miles of 1.45 km2, all of it land.