ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 409

Pottawattamie Park, Indiana

Pottawattamie Park is a town in Michigan Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States. The population was 235 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Redkey, Indiana

Redkey was named for James Redkey, who platted an addition to the town when the railroad was built through it in 1867. The area was originally known as the Wade Settlement, after the family of Josiah Wade, who settled there in 1836. His son Willi ...

Reynolds, Indiana

Reynolds was platted in 1854 when the railroad was extended to that point. The town was named for Benjamin Reynolds, one of its founders. A post office has been in operation at Reynolds since 1853. Reynolds was incorporated as a town in 1875.

Ridgeville, Indiana

Ridgeville is a town in Franklin Township, Randolph County, Indiana, United States, along the Mississinewa River. The population was 803 at the 2010 census.

Riley, Indiana

Riley, once known as Lockport, is a town in Riley Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 221 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

River Forest, Indiana

River Forest is a town in Anderson Township, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 22 at the 2010 census.

Roachdale, Indiana

Roachdale was platted in 1879, and named for Judge Roach, a railroad official. A post office has been in operation at Roachdale since 1880. Roachdale was incorporated in 1882 when the railroad was extended to that point.

Roann, Indiana

There are two theories on how the town of Roann got its name. One source claims that the community was named for Roanne, France. Another tells a legend about how a father saw his daughter on a boat in a dangerous current and was shouting at her " ...

Roanoke, Indiana

Roanoke is a town in Jackson Township, Huntington County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1.722 at the 2010 census. Roanoke is governed by a town council. Town offices include the clerk treasurer, utilities department, police departmen ...

Rome City, Indiana

Rome City is located along Indiana State Road 9 adjacent to Sylvan Lake. According to the 2010 census, Rome has a total area of 2.151 square miles 5.57 km 2, of which 1.16 square km, 3.00 km 2 or 53.93% of the land and 0.991 square mile 2.57 km o ...

Rosedale, Indiana

When Parke County was established in 1821, Rosedale was the first village in the county, and served as the first county seat. The town was named for Chauncey Rose, a pioneer who settled in this township in 1819. Later the county seat was moved to ...

Roseland, Indiana

Roseland is a town in Clay Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 630 at the 2010 Census. It is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area. The Roseland is known as the "gateway c ...

Royal Center, Indiana

Royal Center had its start in the year 1846 by the building of the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad through that territory. It was supposedly named after a place in New York.

Russellville, Indiana

Russellville was laid out in 1828. The town took its name from Russell Township. A post office has been in operation at Russellville since 1832. Russellville was incorporated in the 1880s when the railroad was extended to that point.

Saint Joe, Indiana

Saint Joe is located at 41°18′53″N 84°54′3″W 41.314829, -84.900696. According to the 2010 census, Saint Joe has a total area of 0.27 square miles of 0.70 km2, all land.

Salamonia, Indiana

Salamonia is a town in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 157 at the 2010 census. The town is situated along the Salamonie River, near its headwaters in Northern Indiana.

Saratoga, Indiana

Saratoga is located at 40°14′14″N 84°55′2″W 40.237192, -84.917135. According to the 2010 census, Saratoga has a total area of 0.26 square miles of 0.67 km2, all land.

Schneider, Indiana

Schneider is a town in West Creek Township, Lake County, Indiana, United States. The population was 277 at the 2010 census. It is the smallest incorporated town in Lake County by population. It sits in the Kankakee River Valley.

Seelyville, Indiana

Seelyville is a town in Lost Creek Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 1.029 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Shamrock Lakes, Indiana

Shamrock Lakes is a town in Licking Township, Blackford County, Indiana, United States. It was incorporated on May 21, 1973 - and was the first community in Indiana to do so in 50 years. The small town consists of a group of six lakes that were c ...

Sharpsville, Indiana

Sharpsville is a town in Liberty Township, Tipton County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Kokomo, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, Sharpsvilles population is 607.

Shelburn, Indiana

Shelburn is a town in Curry Township, Sullivan County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 1.252 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Shipshewana, Indiana

Shipshewana is a town in Newbury Township, LaGrange County, Indiana, United States. The population was 658 at the 2010 census. It is the location of the Menno-Hof Amish & Mennonite Museum, which showcases the history of the Amish and Mennonite pe ...

Shirley, Indiana

Shirley is a town in Brown Township, Hancock County and Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana, United States. The population was 830 at the 2010 census.

Sidney, Indiana

Sidney was platted in the year 1881 when the railroad was extended to that point. The Sidney post office was established in 1882. Sidney was incorporated as a town in 1914.

Silver Lake, Indiana

Silver Lake was originally called Silver Lakeville, and under the latter name was platted in 1859. The communitys location near Silver Lake caused the name to be selected. The post office at Silver Lake has been in operation since 1854. Silver la ...

South Whitley, Indiana

South Whitley is a town in Cleveland Township, Whitley County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 1.751 at the 2010 census. South Whitley is a town in the Midwestern tradition of red brick buildings and tree-lined streets.

Spiceland, Indiana

Spiceland was platted in 1850. The town was so named on account of spice bushes near the original town site. It was primarily an agricultural area for spices. In February 2001, James Parker and Robert Tulloch, like in 2001 at Dartmouth College, m ...

Spring Grove, Indiana

Spring Grove is located at 39°50′50″N 84°53′26″W 39.847281, -84.890433. According to the 2010 census, spring Grove total area of 0.321 square miles 0.83 km 2, of which 0.32 square miles 0.83 km 2, or 99.69% of the land and 0.001 square miles 0.00 ...

Spring Lake, Indiana

Spring Lake is located at 39°46′37″N 85°51′16″W 39.776823, -85.854347. According to the 2010 census, spring lake has a total area of 0.42 square miles 0.161 km 2, of which 0.15 square miles 0.39 km 2 or 93.17% of the land and 0.011 square miles 0 ...

Springport, Indiana

Springport was platted in 1868 when the Fort Wayne, Muncie and Cincinnati Railroad was extended to that point. The town took its name from springs near the railroad station. A post office has been in operation in Springport since 1869. Springport ...

St. Leon, Indiana

A post office was established at St. Leon in 1852, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1955. The town was likely named for St. Leon Bembo.

Staunton, Indiana

Staunton is a town in Posey Township, Clay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 534 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Stinesville, Indiana

Stinesville is a town in Bean Blossom Township, Monroe County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 198 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Bloomington, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Straughn, Indiana

Straughn is located at 39°48′30″N 85°17′25″W 39.808340, -85.290395. According to the 2010 census, Straughn a total area of 0.14 sq. km 0.36 km 2, all the earth.

Sulphur Springs, Indiana

Sulphur Springs was platted in 1853 when it was certain that the railroad would be extended to that point. The town took its name from nearby mineral springs.

Summitville, Indiana

Summitville is a town in Van Buren Township, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 967 at the 2010 census.

Sunman, Indiana

A post office has been in operation at Sunman since 1833. John Sunman, an early postmaster, gave the place his name. Sunman had its start as a town in 1856 when the railroad was extended to that point.

Swayzee, Indiana

Swayzee is a town in Sims Township, Grant County, Indiana, United States. The population was 981 at the 2010 census. On his sign, Swayzee claims to be "the only Swayzee in the world". This motto is based on the story about a postcard sent by a se ...

Sweetser, Indiana

Sweetser is located at 40°34′11″N 85°46′1″W 40.569731, -85.766972 on State Road 18 between the town of Converse and the city of Marion. According to the 2010 census, Sweetser has a total area of 1.013 square miles 2.62 km 2, of which 1.01 square ...

Switz City, Indiana

Switz City is a town in Fairplay and Grant townships, Greene County, Indiana, United States. The population was 293 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Bloomington, Indiana, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Syracuse, Indiana

Syracuse is a town in Turkey Creek Township, Kosciusko County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 2.810 at the 2010 census. Syracuse is lake Syracuse and the nearby, larger lake Wawasee, in addition to several other lakes in the reg ...

Tennyson, Indiana

Tennyson is located at 38°4′54″N 87°7′8″W 38.081673, -87.118946. The town lies in eastern Warrick County, northeast of Boonville, the county seat. Indiana State Road 161 signed as Main Street traverses the town from north to south. Little Pigeon ...

Topeka, Indiana

Topeka is a town in Clearspring and Eden townships, LaGrange County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1.153 at the 2010 census. Topeka is located approximately eleven miles south of Shipshewana, Indiana. It features Faron Yoder, the sta ...

Town of Pines, Indiana

Town of Pines is located at 41°41′19″N 86°56′47″W 41.688486, -86.946297. According to the 2010 census, the city of pines with a total area of 2.25 square miles of 5.83 km2, all land.

Trail Creek, Indiana

Trail Creek is a town in Coolspring and Michigan townships, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States. The population was 2.052 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Troy, Indiana

Troy is a town in Troy Township, Perry County, Indiana, along the Ohio River near the mouth of the Anderson River. It is the second oldest city in Indiana. The population was 385 at the 2010 census.

Uniondale, Indiana

Uniondale is located at 40°49′46″N 85°14′33″W. According to the 2010 census, Uniondale has a total area of 0.212 square miles 0.55 km 2, of which 0.21 square miles 2 0.54 km or 99.06% of the land and 0.002 square km 0.01 km 2 or 0.94% consists of ...

Universal, Indiana

Universal was founded in 1911 as a mining community. The town took its name from the nearby Universal Mines. A post office has been in operation at Universal since 1912.

Upland, Indiana

Upland is a town in Jefferson Township, Grant County, Indiana, United States. The population was 3.845 at the 2010 census. It is most notable for being the home of Taylor University, a Christian college with 2.103 students, as of 2016.