ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 234

District Council of Apoinga

The District Council of Apoinga was a local government area in South Australia from 1873 to 1932. Council was proclaimed on 6 Nov 1873. He opened the chambers of the Council into the abyss Logan on September 23, 1876, at a cost of £78 / 10-. The ...

District Council of Belalie

The District Council of Belalie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 11 November 1875, and initially comprised most of the cadastral Hundred of Belalie, including its central town of Jamestown. Jamestown itself had ...

District Council of Booborowie

The District Council of Booborowie was a local government area in South Australia from 1875 to 1935. It was announced on 6 may 1875, after strong support at a public meeting in the previous year. It originally consisted of one hundred and cadastr ...

District Council of Booyoolie

The District Council of Booyoolie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 2 March 1876 and comprised the entire cadastral Hundred of Booyoolie. It included at its inception the government town of Booyoolie, North Glad ...

District Council of Browns Well

The District Council of Browns Well was a local government area in South Australia from 1916 to 1997. The name stemmed from the Browns Well pastoral station, which was located near the council seat of Paruna. Meetings were also held on a regular ...

Corporate Town of Burra

The Corporate Town of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1969. The municipality was declared on 29 June 1876 the following necessary treatment of residents in the cities of Aberdeen, Kooringa and Redruth, severing t ...

District Council of Burra

The District Council of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1935. The Council was proclaimed on 28 September 1872, including all the cadastral hundred Kooringa and the southern part of the hundred of Kingston. It was ...

District Council of Caltowie

The District Council of Caltowie was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Caltowie and surrounding cadastral Hundred of Caltowie. It came into operation on 28 February 1878, with the first five councillors appointed ...

District Council of Coonalpyn Downs

The District Council of Coonalpyn Downs was a local government area in the Australian state of South Australia that existed from 1957 to 1997 on land in the state’s south-east. It was established on 30 may 1957 with its headquarters located in th ...

Corporate Town of Davenport

The Corporate Town of Davenport was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1887 to 1932 on land now located within the suburb of Port Augusta. The proposal to create a new local government area, consisting of the suburbs "is ...

District Council of English

The District Council of English was a local government area in South Australia from 1878 to 1932. Council was proclaimed on 31 October 1878, comprising all of the cadastral hundred English language, in which the residents were advocating for thei ...

District Council of Eudunda

The District Council of Eudunda was a local government area in South Australia from 1932 to 1997. The central town and council seat was Eudunda. It was established on 12 May 1932 with the amalgamation of the District Council of Julia and the Dist ...

District Council of Georgetown

It was proclaimed on 2 March 1876 as the District Council of George Town, encompassing the cadastral Hundred of Bundaleer. The District Councils Act 1887 expanded the council in two directions by amalgamating the District Council of Narridy incor ...

Corporate Town of Gladstone

The Corporate Town of Gladstone was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Gladstone. It was proclaimed on 8 March 1883, separating the township from the surrounding District Council of Gladstone. It was divided into t ...

District Council of Hallett

The District Council of Hallett was a local government area in South Australia from 1877 to 1997. The Council was proclaimed on 13 September 1877, which represents hundreds of Hallett, the establishment of a Council of eight members, divided into ...

District Council of Hanson

The District Council of Hanson was a local government area in South Australia from 1878 to 1935. The Council was announced on August 8, 1872, including all the cadastral hundred Hanson. Its Foundation was controversial: it was reported, was suppo ...

District Council of Hutt and Hill Rivers

The District Council of Hutt and Hill Rivers was a local government area in South Australia. It was established on 30 July 1885 and included the entirety of the Hundred of Milne as well as the south half of the Hundred of Andrews. It gained the H ...

Corporate Town of Jamestown

The Corporate Town of Jamestown was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Jamestown. It was proclaimed on 25 July 1878, severing the seven-year old settlement of Jamestown from the surrounding District Council of Bela ...

District Council of Jamestown

The District Council of Jamestown was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the region surrounding the town of Jamestown. The District Council came into existence on 21 March 1935 following the amalgamation of 95% of the District ...

District Council of Julia

The District Council of Julia was a local government area in South Australia from 1874 to 1932. The council seat was located at Hampden. Council was announced on 3 September 1874, in the composition of the cadastral hundred of Julia Creek. There ...

Corporate Town of Kadina

The council was proclaimed on 31 July 1872, following a 200-strong public meeting in May and subsequent petition to the government. The boundaries of the municipality were defined as Eliza Terrace, Julia Terrace, Lindsay Terrace, Doswell Terrace, ...

District Council of Kanyaka-Quorn

The District Council of Kanyaka-Quorn was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1969 to 1997. The Council began its work on 1 April 1969 with the merger of the corporate city Quorn with the surrounding district Council Kany ...

Corporate Town of Laura

The Corporate Town of Laura was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Laura. It was proclaimed on 22 June 1882, separating the township of Laura itself from the surrounding District Council of Booyoolie. It held its f ...

District Council of Loxton

The District Council of Loxton was a local government area in South Australia from 1910 to 1997, centring on the town of Loxton. He was proclaimed may 12, 1910, after naming and settlement of the city in 1907. The district includes all cadastre h ...

District Council of Mannum

The District Council of Mannum was a local government area in South Australia from 1877 to 1997, centring on the town of Mannum. He was proclaimed on August 23, 1877, in the composition of the cadastral hundred Finniss, "located between the Easte ...

District Council of Meningie

The District Council of Meningie was a local government area in the colony and then the Australian state of South Australia that existed from 1888 to 1997 on land in the state’s south-east. She was proclaimed January 5, 1888, in accordance with t ...

District Council of Mount Bryan

The District Council of Mount Bryan was a local government area in South Australia from 1874 to 1935. It was created on 29 October 1874 when he was dismissed from the district Council of Burra. Hes got hundreds of Mongolata and hundreds of Resa u ...

Corporate Town of Murray Bridge

The Corporate Town of Murray Bridge was a local government area in South Australia from 1924 to 1977. It was created in February, 1924, when the city of Joondalup has been allocated from the district Council of Mobilong, among them a Council seat ...

District Council of Neales

The District Council of Neales was a local government area in South Australia from 1878 to 1932. The main town and council seat was Eudunda. Council was proclaimed on 15 August 1878 in the composition of the cadastral hundred the neales. The firs ...

City of Payneham

The District Council of Stepney was proclaimed on 25 July 1867, separating from the original District Council of Payneham. It was divided into five wards: Hackney, Stepney, Payneham, Marden and Stepney North. On 27 February 1868, the original Pay ...

District Council of Peake

The District Council of Peake was a local government area in the Australian state of South Australia that existed from 1911 to 1997 on land in the state’s south-east. He was proclaimed on 16 November 1911 in his seat, being in the city at the pea ...

Corporate Town of Peterborough

The Corporate Town of Peterborough was a local government area in South Australia centred on the town of Peterborough. It came into existence on 7 October 1886 when it separated from the surrounding District Council of Yongala. It was initially k ...

District Council of Pirie

The District Council of Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1892 to 1996. It surrounded, but did not include, the city of Port Pirie, which had its own municipal government as the City of Port Pirie. The district Council was ...

Corporate Town of Port Augusta West

The Corporate Town of Port Augusta West was a local government area in South Australia centred on the suburb of Port Augusta West. It was gazetted on 6 October 1887. They met in council chambers in Loudon Road, which ceased to be used by its succ ...

District Council of Port Germein

The District Council of Port Germein was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Port Germein. It was gazetted on 5 January 1888 under the provisions of the District Councils Act 1887 and encompassed the hundreds of Bar ...

City of Port Pirie

The City of Port Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1997, centred on the city of Port Pirie. He was proclaimed on 28 Sep 1876 as the corporate town of Port Pirie, almost four years after the town was surveyed. It co ...

District Council of Ridley

The District Council of Ridley was a local government area in South Australia from 1976 to 1991. It was established on 30 January 1976 with the amalgamation of the district Council of Marne and the regional Council sedan. It included the whole ca ...

District Council of Spalding

The District Council of Spalding was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Spalding. It was proclaimed on 30 July 1885 by Governor William C. F. Robinson, comprising the Hundreds of Reynolds and Andrews as far south a ...

District Council of Terowie

The District Council of Terowie was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1935, centring on the town of Terowie. It was established by the district councils act of 1887, which came into force on 5 January 1888. The establishment ...

District Council of Waikerie

The District Council of Waikerie was a local government area in South Australia from 1914 to 1997, centring on the town of Waikerie. It was announced on 19 February 1914, seven members of the Council, consisting of the cadastral hundred of Waiker ...

District Council of Wirrega

The District Council of Wirrega was a short-lived local government area in South Australia in existence from 1884 to 1888. The introduction of local government in the area of Mallee in the 1870-ies were the subject of considerable local conflict ...

Shire of Alberton

The Shire of Alberton was a local government area about 220 kilometres southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.868.83 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994.

Shire of Alexandra

The Shire of Alexandra was a local government area located about 130 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.197.31 square kilometres, and existed from 1868 until 1994.

City of Ararat

The City of Ararat was a local government area about 200 kilometres west-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. It existed from 1858 until 1994. With headquarters in Ararat Victoria, the city had jurisdiction over an ar ...

Shire of Avoca

The Shire of Avoca was a local government area about 180 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.124 square kilometres, and existed from 1861 until 1994.

Shire of Avon

The Shire of Avon was a local government area about 20 kilometres north of Sale, the major regional centre in central Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.533 square kilometres, and existed from 1864 until 1994. This art ...

Shire of Bacchus Marsh

The Shire of Bacchus Marsh was a local government area about 50 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 565 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.

City of Bairnsdale

The City of Bairnsdale was a local government area about 280 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The City covered an area of 27.20 square kilometres, and existed from its split from the Shire of Bairnsdale in 1 ...

Shire of Bairnsdale

The Shire of Bairnsdale was a local government area about 280 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.277.9 square kilometres, and existed from 1867 until 1994. For its first one hund ...

Shire of Ballan

The Shire of Ballan was a local government area about 75 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 919.45 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.