ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 15

Shire of Omeo

The Shire of Omeo was a local government area about 390 kilometres east-north-east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 5.641 square kilometres, and existed from 1872 until 1994.

Shire of Orbost

The Shire of Orbost was a local government area about 380 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 9.347 square kilometres, and existed from 1892 until 1994.

Shire of Otway

The Shire of Otway was a local government area about 190 kilometres southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.906.94 square kilometres, and existed from 1919 until 1994.

Shire of Phillip Island

The Shire of Phillip Island was a local government area in Western Port about 120 kilometres south of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 101.05 square kilometres, and existed from 1928 until 1994.

Borough of Port Fairy

The Borough of Port Fairy was a local government area about 290 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 22.72 square kilometres, and existed from 1856 until 1994. Its area w ...

City of Port Melbourne

The City of Port Melbourne was a local government area about 4 kilometres southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, on the south bank of the Yarra River. The city covered an area of 10.62 square kilometres, and existed fro ...

City of Portland (Victoria)

The City of Portland was a local government area about 360 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 34.14 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994. Its area was surro ...

City of Prahran

The City of Prahran was a local government area about 5 kilometres southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 9.55 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994, when it was merged with the ...

City of Preston (Victoria)

The City of Preston was a local government area about 11 kilometres north-northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 37.05 square kilometres, and existed from 1871 until 1994.

Shire of Pyalong

The Shire of Pyalong was a local government area about 85 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 577.57 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

City of Richmond

The City of Richmond was a local government area about 2 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 6.12 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994.

City of Ringwood

The City of Ringwood was a local government area about 25 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 22.76 square kilometres, and existed from 1924 until 1994.

Shire of Rochester

The Shire of Rochester was a local government area of Victoria, Australia, about 190 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital, and immediately west and southwest of the town of Echuca. The shire covered an area of 1.934.25 square kilometr ...

Shire of Rodney

The Shire of Rodney was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region, about 170 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, located between Kyabram and Shepparton. The shire covered an area of 1.009.92 square ...

Shire of Romsey

The Shire of Romsey was a local government area about 65 kilometres north-north-west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 628 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1995.

Shire of Rosedale

The Shire of Rosedale was a local government area stretching between the towns of Traralgon and Sale in the Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.276.6 square kilometres, and existed from 1869 until 1994.

City of Sale

The City of Sale was a local government area located about 210 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 29.78 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

City of Sandringham

The City of Sandringham was a local government area about 20 kilometres south of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, on the eastern side of Port Phillip. The city covered an area of 14.97 square kilometres, and existed from 1917 ...

Borough of Sebastopol

The Borough of Sebastopol was a local government area about 4 kilometres south of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 7.61 square kilometres, and existed from 1864 until 1994. Sevastopol was register ...

Rural City of Seymour

The Rural City of Seymour was a local government area about 100 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The Rural City covered an area of 945.07 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

Shire of Shepparton

The Shire of Shepparton was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region, about 180 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 927.49 square kilometres, and existed from 1884 unt ...

City of Shepparton

The City of Shepparton was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region, about 180 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 26.71 square kilometres, and existed from 1927 until ...

City of South Barwon

The City of South Barwon was a local government area in Victoria, Australia, which contained a number of Geelong suburbs south of the Barwon River, and extending to Torquay in the south and Barwon Heads to the east. The city covered an area of 16 ...

Shire of South Gippsland (former)

The Shire of South Gippsland was a local government area about 170 kilometres south-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.432.26 square kilometres, and existed from 1894 until 1994.

City of Stawell

The City of Stawell was a local government area about 230 kilometres west-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 23.73 square kilometres, and existed from 1869 until 1994. Its area was surrou ...

City of Sunshine

The City of Sunshine was a local government area about 13 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 80.05 square kilometres, and existed from 1860 until 1994.

Shire of Talbot and Clunes

The Shire of Talbot and Clunes was a local government area about 160 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 541.31 square kilometres, and existed from 1860 until 1994.

Shire of Tallangatta

The Shire of Tallangatta was a local government area about 340 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 4.090.72 square kilometres, and existed from 1869 until 1994.

Shire of Tambo (Victoria)

The Shire of Tambo was a local government area about 320 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 3.506.86 square kilometres, and existed from 1882 until 1994.

City of Traralgon

The City of Traralgon was a local government area about 160 kilometres east-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, in the Latrobe Valley region. The city covered an area of 22.37 square kilometres, and existed from the ...

Shire of Tungamah

The Shire of Tungamah was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region about 240 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.143 square kilometres, and existed from 1878 unt ...

Shire of Upper Murray

The Shire of Upper Murray was a local government area about 400 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.459.81 square kilometres, and existed from 1920 until 1994.

Shire of Upper Yarra

The Shire of Upper Yarra was a local government area centred on the upper reaches of the Yarra Valley, about 60 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, extending eastwards into Victorias interior. The shire covered ...

Shire of Violet Town

The Shire of Violet Town was a local government area about 170 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 935 square kilometres, and existed from 1895 until 1994.

Shire of Walpeup

The Shire of Walpeup was a local government area in northwestern Victoria, Australia, along the South Australian border. The shire covered an area of 10.964 square kilometres, and existed from 1911 until 1995.

City of Wangaratta

The City of Wangaratta was a local government area located about 260 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 25.53 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994. It was respon ...

Shire of Wangaratta (Victoria)

The Shire of Wangaratta was a local government area about 260 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 919.24 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994. The Shire did not ...

Shire of Wannon

The Shire of Wannon was a local government area about 330 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.977 square kilometres, and existed from 1872 until 1994.

Shire of Waranga

The Shire of Waranga was a local government area about 165 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.644.19 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

Shire of Warracknabeal

The Shire of Warracknabeal was a local government area about 200 kilometres west-northwest of Bendigo and 60 kilometres north of Horsham in western Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.839 square kilometres, and existed from 1891 u ...

Rural City of Warragul

The Rural City of Warragul was a local government area about 100 kilometres east-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 352.2 square kilometres, and existed from 1881 until 1994.

Shire of Warrnambool

The Shire of Warrnambool was a local government area located about 260 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.605 square kilometres, and existed from 1854 until 1994.

Shire of Wimmera

The Shire of Wimmera was a local government area in the Wimmera region of western Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.611 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1995. Although its shire offices were located in Horsham, Hor ...

Shire of Winchelsea

The Shire of Winchelsea was a local government area about 110 kilometres southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.294 square kilometres, and existed from 1860 until 1994.

Borough of Wonthaggi

The Borough of Wonthaggi was a local government area about 120 kilometres south-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 56.99 square kilometres, and existed from 1911 until 1994. Unlike man ...

Shire of Woorayl

The Shire of Woorayl was a local government area about 130 kilometres southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.245.79 square kilometres and existed from 1888 until 1994.

Shire of Yarrawonga

The Shire of Yarrawonga was a local government area on the Murray River, in the Goulburn Valley region, about 260 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 626.78 square kilometres, ...

Shire of Yea

The Shire of Yea was a local government area about 110 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.392.32 square kilometres, and existed from 1869 until 1994. The shires population w ...

Ipswich Corporation

The Ipswich Corporation was a municipal corporation that owned property and government in the Borough of Ipswich. The corporation kept highly detailed accounts of their operation, a great deal of which survives to this day. After a successful per ...

Salisbury District Council

Salisbury District Council was the local authority responsible for Salisbury District in Wiltshire, England. It was established by the Local Government Act 1972 to replace several borough and rural district councils, and abolished in 2009 when it ...